• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson on David Glenn Show

Probably my two favorite quotes

Clawson: there are very few schools in country who offer what we have. When you come to Wake you play high level fb and get an elite degree

Clawson on scholarships/recruiting: everybody gets their 85, we get our 85 and what we do with them will determine our success and failure.

Much has been made of Clawson and Wake looking to duplicate the success of some of the other privates such as Northwestern, Vandy and Stanford. In an interview the other day in the paper Clawson mentioned those schools and maybe 1 or 2 others, but also said he was not referencing "that other private school here in N.C."; I didn't know if he meant that tongue in cheek or not. On the DG show today he again mentioned some of the other privates but noticeably did not include Duke again. I get that their success is very recent, but 2 bowl games in a row and a Coastal div. title would normally be worth mentioning. I think it's intentional that he's not conceding anything to Duke's recent success, and I believe our rivalry with Duke is about to get ramped up a notch or two on the field, in the classroom and on the recruiting trail. I like it!

I've heard some stories from guys in the recruiting office about Duke, particularly under Cutcliffe and they are apparently just vicious with negative recruiting.

I've heard some stories from guys in the recruiting office about Duke, particularly under Cutcliffe and they are apparently just vicious with negative recruiting.

Gotta stop giving them ammunition.

Our former staff struck me as pretty passive in recruiting.

They actually did some?

I don't think most other staffs would recognize what Wake's did as "recruiting."

Last edited:

Cutcliffe has done a great job at Duke; however, I don't think that he is a good guy. And it will come back to bite him.

If they put one of our guys in the hospital then we need to put one of theirs in the morgue. Just hit them back harder.

Did you see the after game hand shake between Cutcliffe and Fisher after the conference championship game?

I do have specifics but I am not going to share them here.

Why not? You think some Duke football fan is going to come find you? Share what you know, otherwise it sounds like sour grapes at a team that beat us 2 straight.

I could care less what Duke fans think; however I do care about sources.

I said that it was my opinion. I will leave it there. I have been wrong many times; perhaps I am wrong here too.

He has spent most of his life in the SEC. He learned his craft from Bear Bryant and Johnny Majors. He wasn't taught bean bag or checkers.

Probably my two favorite quotes

Clawson: there are very few schools in country who offer what we have. When you come to Wake you play high level fb and get an elite degree

Clawson on scholarships/recruiting: everybody gets their 85, we get our 85 and what we do with them will determine our success and failure.

Yes. This!

I could care less what Duke fans think; however I do care about sources.

I said that it was my opinion. I will leave it there. I have been wrong many times; perhaps I am wrong here too.

then why the hell would you even bring it up? friggin jabroni.

hey guys I know some real shit about wellman. not gonna say it though.

Back