• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson to Self Isolate During Season

Hey smug prick, GFY. Even someone who voted for Trump can appreciate Clawson as a great football coach. I could care less what his politics are. He did go to Williams college so one might assume he has a liberal bent on things, but who cares? Try exercising a little self restraint and tolerance of those with different views than your own.

Don’t get your MAGAt panties in a wad. Black lives matter, wear a mask and fuck that orange POS.

Why does everything have to turn political? Clawson is a great representative of our University. He is making a big personal sacrifice to try to keep WFU winning. Lets just be glad he is here. I do not think he will be going anywhere. Why leave a place where you are treated well, paid very well and well loved just for a bit or bunch more money. He is no Jimbo Fisher. Lets just hope things can calm down and we play sports in the last half of 2020. Everyone stay safe

I believe that 1971 was the last time that a WF head football coach to left to take another college job. Stoll had won an ACC title, and being from Minnesota and having played at Minnesota, returning to his alma mater was a natural. So, maybe after 49 years, WF will lose another head coach to another school, but over the most recent years, WF football coaches typically stay here until they retire (Dooley, Grobe - kind of), get fired (Mills, Caldwell - Claw is not getting fired) or go to the NFL (Mackovic and Groh -- don't see Clawson heading to the NFL).

This just doesn’t happen to Wake in any sport yet so many are irrationally afraid it will. It’s the Wake Forest Athletics great white whale.

Why does everything have to turn political? Clawson is a great representative of our University. He is making a big personal sacrifice to try to keep WFU winning. Lets just be glad he is here. I do not think he will be going anywhere. Why leave a place where you are treated well, paid very well and well loved just for a bit or bunch more money. He is no Jimbo Fisher. Lets just hope things can calm down and we play sports in the last half of 2020. Everyone stay safe

Well said. I really don't care about the man's politics. I've seen so much crappy Wake football in my lifetime that it's refreshing to have someone who truly cares about wins and losses and appears to absolutely hate the losses. He gets one vote and I get one vote. Having a pissing match on some sports board that 99% of America doesn't even know exists seems rather childish.

I suffered under Tom Harper, Chuck Mills, Al Groh and to some extent Jim Caldwell. Let's just play some football if at all possible and go to another bowl !!!

Last edited:
It should be said everywhere loudly that if you voted for Trump in 2016, you are an idiot. And if you vote for Trump in 2020, you are a total fucking idiot.

This just doesn’t happen to Wake in any sport yet so many are irrationally afraid it will. It’s the Wake Forest Athletics great white whale.

Exactly. And if it happens it’s because Wake won a lot of games and the program is in good shape to hire the next coach.

We all like Forbes and we got him after a 10 year hoops dead period. Imagine the football coach we could get if Clawson won enough to take a big time job.

Can we leave all of the other bullshit out of this thread? I'm damn proud that Clawson is our football coach and respect what he's doing. Hope the dude stays here for a while.

I would hope everybody would respect his care and leadership regardless of their politics.

I heard Clawson was going to quit and run for Lt Governor.

Based on what other than some LOWF attitude that good coaches leave us which they literally haven’t.

Based on being around college sports and hearing from guys that work around college sports (not directly affiliated with WF program) and just what the buzz has been for the last couple of years. A lot of folks thought this could be his last season at Wake depending on how things went and whether the right opportunity was out there.

I'm definitely not LOWF.

So clawson will self isolate because his wife is high risk and anyone is faulting that? Can't imagine there are many. For those that are... f u.

This may be the worse thread derailment I have seen not involving rjkarl. Great article: so proud that Clawson is our coach. But all I am reading is that Clawson is leaving Wake or about his assumed political beliefs*.

*I voted for Hillary and will vote for Biden or whoever has the best shot against Trump in November.

Acknowledging reality has become a political position.

Why is it always the Trump supporters who don’t want the sports board to get political? Sorry, folks. Sports are political.

22's political 180° on these boards is a refreshing counterpoint to those we saw with bsf and bobknightfan

"Ethics, social leanings, and leadership" are an indication of one's politics.

I don’t have a dog in this fight, but I can see only one of those 3 items that I’d associate with politics.

Social leanings, for sure.

But neither party can lay claim to ethics or leadership.

Back