• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson....

80deac

Reaction score
....sell the house, beg the alumni, and go to Vegas for 8 OL and 8 DL recruits over 300 lbs.

....sell the house, beg the alumni, and go to Vegas for 8 OL and 8 DL recruits over 300 lbs.

I like our DL, those guys play hard and play well. Its hard to keep going out there though when the offense keeps screwing you.

D wouldn't be out there so freakin long if he had an OL of as adequate size....look for slaughters rest of season....

D wouldn't be out there so freakin long if he had an OL of as adequate size....look for slaughters rest of season....

Yep, the defense not only gets physically tired, but mentally tired because the offense gives them no momentum.

So basically we need an OL. Nothing to see here

The timeout to start the second half without running a play was a joke.

Our offense is a bigger help to our opponents than it is to us!

Have to wonder what our defensive players think about our offense.

Wake would have been better off yesterday for the offense to take a knee three times and punt. Three interceptions in the red zone may have lead to all the Cardinal's points!

I'm a believer. I think Clawson and staff did a hell of a job getting those kids, particularly the defense, playing well enough to stay in the game against Louisville the whole way. I hated losing, particularly the way we did, but I was optomistic about Wake football's future.

I'm a believer. I think Clawson and staff did a hell of a job getting those kids, particularly the defense, playing well enough to stay in the game against Louisville the whole way. I hated losing, particularly the way we did, but I was optomistic about Wake football's future.
+1
I think even those looking through black and gold glasses thought we'd win about 4 games best case scenario. Given we have 2 wins and could have 4 with a few breaks I'm pretty satisfied looking at the bigger picture. Heck some ESPN experts picked us to win zero games. Maybe it's low expectations but I'm happy given what there is to work with. My biggest concern is how tired the D-line is going to get over the course of the rest of the season.

I thought we might win 4 games but more likely 2- Clawson certainly has given us a involved, proactive coaching staff and a much more aggressive mind set. The D is well organized, has a plan and adjusted to our players. Tylor Harris's career was resurrected by the staff. D has a lot to like. The O is a mess and everyone knew it would be. There is a definite lack of size, speed and athleticism across the board and the dearth of skill players is on Grobie Woe-be. I don't think this is the case but the monster under the bed is that Clawson's year at Tennessee was not the anomaly we think it to be. It has to be fixed oe we go the way of Grobe. The OC will eventually be held to task and the interesting question is how long will that be? I don't think Clawson will give Ruggerio the family forever exemption. Next year there has to be considerable improvement on O or these will be relevant questions. Watching our OL get bulled backwards, matadored by quicker defensive ends and cluster fuck*d in confusion is Ruggerio's problem- he has to find a way to climb out of the pit with some rope but not unlimited slack. Love me some Deacs, love me some Clawson but we have to get better on O. Next year. Ruggerio has to know this- his fault, Grobe's fault, Clawson's fault nobody's fault. Has to start getting better.

Watching our OL get bulled backwards, matadored by quicker defensive ends and cluster fuck*d in confusion is Ruggerio's problem- he has to find a way to climb out of the pit with some rope but not unlimited slack.

Why on Ruggerio and not Tabacca? Seems making the OL better is the OL coach's job.

300 lbs is no magic number. The fattest looking guy on our line I saw get beat repeatedly. I'd take a nap, wake up, and there he was getting beat again. On one sack, he didn't even touch the guy. He dropped back in pass protection and just stood there waiting for the defensive lineman to hit him like it was practice. Dude ran around him and proceeded to take a dump on Wolford's head.

Why on Ruggerio and not Tabacca? Seems making the OL better is the OL coach's job.

I think he meant that it's up to Ruggerio to adjust the scheme to account or mask the weakness. However, I think the coaches are more focused on getting the system in place for the future than trying to shift everything to try you eek out one or two more wins. I believe Clawson said something to that affect when answering a question about widening splits like Grobe-called it a gimmick move. That's not a dig at Grobe because he was in a "got to win now" situation, so it was the right call. Classrooms focus just extends beyond this year because his immediate future is secure and is looking to build something, not salvage something.

Back