• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson kickoff set for 3:30

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
Maybe not quite as bad traffic wise as an 8pm kick with the fair going on, but still will be a mess. A 5 game home stretch with 2 coming fair week has not been a good thing in my opinion. Don’t think it’s fair to our team to play 5 of seven home games only halfway through the season. By the time they go to FSU it will be almost a month and a half since they played on the road.

Correction, make that more than a month and a half. We played at Tulane on 8/30, at FSU is 10/20.

I have never heard a good explanation for why we can't avoid home Games the two weekends the fair is in town

I was told they scheduled at least one home game during the fair to boost attendance. (Or tried too)

Good move. Capture all those people who decide to come to the Wake game BECAUSE it is the same time as the fair.

Our standing still RPO handoffs have a great chance of success against Clemson's D-line...they will be laughing so hard that we might gain some yards.

I thought that it was going to be either 12 or 8:00.

How many Klempsun fans do you all think will be in attendance? I went 2 years ago and was surrounded by Orange. Klempsun fan sitting near me even had the nerve to ask me "where ya going?" in a sarcastic voice after they scored another TD to go up even more. I had to take my kids to the bathroom and didn't respond. Needless to say I abandoned my seats on the West side of the stadium and sat in the student section where seats are always plentiful. Was a miserable night and COLD. Was completely embarrassed that I had to sit around that much orange on the west side of the stadium and have to hear the spelling of Clemson ALL night long. No thanks won't do it again (my sons have baseball tournaments anyways). Might as well call the place Death Valley at BB&T field next Saturday. Going to be an embarrassment. Please Wake students and fans, prove me wrong.

How many Klempsun fans do you all think will be in attendance? I went 2 years ago and was surrounded by Orange. Klempsun fan sitting near me even had the nerve to ask me "where ya going?" in a sarcastic voice after they scored another TD to go up even more. I had to take my kids to the bathroom and didn't respond. Needless to say I abandoned my seats on the West side of the stadium and sat in the student section where seats are always plentiful. Was a miserable night and COLD. Was completely embarrassed that I had to sit around that much orange on the west side of the stadium and have to hear the spelling of Clemson ALL night long. No thanks won't do it again (my sons have baseball tournaments anyways). Might as well call the place Death Valley at BB&T field next Saturday. Going to be an embarrassment. Please Wake students and fans, prove me wrong.

It will be packed with Orange always is. Even in 2008 on a Thursday night, we won BTW, there was a bunch. Not as many a normal be there was plenty. They’re in the running for another trip to the playoff, they’ll be there in force. Wish it was different, but they have a huge fan base and they travel.

I spoke with two people I trust about the dilemma we face as Deacon fans this weekend. Is it unethical to take the easy money and take Klempton to lay the 23-27 points (depending on whether Tarzan can go)?

Both my grandmother and granddaughter agree that when easy money is available you take it. They agreed as we all did that with Tarzan we lose 70-10 and if the third string 4 star who engineered the two fourth quarter drives to beat Syracuse has to go then we will go down 56-17.

It will be packed with Orange always is. Even in 2008 on a Thursday night, we won BTW, there was a bunch. Not as many a normal be there was plenty. They’re in the running for another trip to the playoff, they’ll be there in force. Wish it was different, but they have a huge fan base and they travel.

Agreed. I was there in 2008 as well. Lots of orange but not as much when Bowden had them. It's the life of a Wake fan. Just really frustrating at times.

Agreed. I was there in 2008 as well. Lots of orange but not as much when Bowden had them. It's the life of a Wake fan. Just really frustrating at times.

It is frustrating, but it is what it is.

Good god, grow a pair of balls.

Good god, grow a pair of balls.

Excuse me? What does stating facts have to do with growing a pair of balls?

I hope you didn’t take my post as saying I wouldn’t be there. Haven’t missed a home game since 2001 and a bunch of orange clad rednecks won’t change that.

Last edited:
What does Coach say about this game to his players? Play well, execute, take care of the the little things and see what happens? Or does he say these things but also says, expect to win then you can play to win?

It is college ball. Young men can always surprise you. I’d hate for Dortch, Hartman, Carney, Anderson, Haynes, Rodney, et. al. to think the coaches and fans don’t believe they can win this game. Certainly Wake CAN play better than App State plays against Top 10 opponents.

Trevor Lawrence update:

Back