• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson kickoff set for 3:30

Trevor Lawrence update:

Everyone should think first about the health of Trevor Lawrence, an 18 year old kid.
Don't mess around with a possible concussion.
He should definitely not practice this week or play on Saturday.
Give him a chance to heal properly.

So is the backup curse even worse if we get the backup to a former backup?

How many Klempsun fans do you all think will be in attendance? I went 2 years ago and was surrounded by Orange. Klempsun fan sitting near me even had the nerve to ask me "where ya going?" in a sarcastic voice after they scored another TD to go up even more. I had to take my kids to the bathroom and didn't respond. Needless to say I abandoned my seats on the West side of the stadium and sat in the student section where seats are always plentiful. Was a miserable night and COLD. Was completely embarrassed that I had to sit around that much orange on the west side of the stadium and have to hear the spelling of Clemson ALL night long. No thanks won't do it again (my sons have baseball tournaments anyways). Might as well call the place Death Valley at BB&T field next Saturday. Going to be an embarrassment. Please Wake students and fans, prove me wrong.

Due to it being Family Weekend the West stands were fairly packed this past Saturday; even noticeably more so than vs. Notre Dame. The athletic admin. would never do it b/c that would cost them a decent crowd at another game, but if you wanted to avoid having Clemson, VT and a few others fill the place, schedule Family Weekend for that date.

Are we that much worse than Cuse that we think we have zero chance? Especially if Lawrence can't go? I guess our defense probably is.

is that true? isn't the possibility of a concussion the threshold?

I assumed that the day after the game, if he had exhibited zero signs of a concussion, he would no longer be in the concussion protocol. Maybe that is not correct.

Are we that much worse than Cuse that we think we have zero chance? Especially if Lawrence can't go? I guess our defense probably is.

A couple of things. The QB that came in for Lawrence is a pretty good player and he'll get this whole week of 1st team reps if Lawrence is out, so he'll be prepared well. I like Sam, but I just don't trust that a true freshman QB can do much against that Clemson defense. Now, if our O-line can provide decent protection and given Clemson's secondary isn't spectacular, we might have a chance to score some points. However, our pass protection has stunk against good teams and this is the best d-line we will face.

A couple of things. The QB that came in for Lawrence is a pretty good player and he'll get this whole week of 1st team reps if Lawrence is out, so he'll be prepared well. I like Sam, but I just don't trust that a true freshman QB can do much against that Clemson defense. Now, if our O-line can provide decent protection and given Clemson's secondary isn't spectacular, we might have a chance to score some points. However, our pass protection has stunk against good teams and this is the best d-line we will face.

I wasn't impressed by their backup-backup QB.

The one who led the 96 yard game winning drive including a key pass on 4th and 6?

Travis Etienne is averaging 8.14 yards per rush, good for #2 nationally.

also this from pre-Syracuse (and I get Bryant won't play, and Lawrence is currently dinged up; but Clemson has a lot of weapons):

Travis Etienne is averaging 8.14 yards per rush, good for #2 nationally.

also this from pre-Syracuse (and I get Bryant won't play, and Lawrence is currently dinged up; but Clemson has a lot of weapons):

Yeah - this.

Wake's D line has been disappointing so far this year. I think Clemson will run as well as pass very effectively against our D, unfortunately.

No way I would play Lawrence this Sat. if I'm Dabo as our D is just what the Dr. ordered to get your back-up's back-up seriously confident with a 250+ yard passing game and leading their offense to lots of points. Hoping 1st half vs. Rice is some indication of improvement but it was Rice and as others have noted CU has some serious weapons all over the field. Hoping our D surprises us and shows 1st half vs. Rice wasn't an aberration, but if history is any indication....

Is this finally the game where we see more of a traditional quick run/pass game from the Clawfense? The slow-developing RPO is just going to allow their elite DL to penetrate even more easily. With our normal RPO, I'm projecting we see a couple times where the QB/RB (hopefully not the ball as well) are tackled by the same Clemson player.

Would love to see more of a power spread game, with quick hitting run and screen (RB, bubble, tunnel) plays, along occasional deep shots off quick drops from the QB. We need one or two of Washington, Surratt, and Bachman to be healthy and have big games to complement Dortch.

Due to it being Family Weekend the West stands were fairly packed this past Saturday; even noticeably more so than vs. Notre Dame. The athletic admin. would never do it b/c that would cost them a decent crowd at another game, but if you wanted to avoid having Clemson, VT and a few others fill the place, schedule Family Weekend for that date.

Good point.

Vegas waited to post a line on the Clemson game until Dabo announced the Lawrence was OK. The Tigers are a 17 point favorite. This is the first time WF has been a double digit dog since WF played at Clemson last year.

17 ? That's it ? We just lot to Notre Dame by 29 and Clemson's better than ND. I guess our new DC is a lot better.

Back