• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson vs. Wake Forest Game Thread

Painful press conference. I hate it. Manning hurting. Seriously just a disaster.

DM does the hard things well. Recruiting and player development. Geezsus learn how to use a time out and sub.

Painful press conference. I hate it. Manning hurting. Seriously just a disaster.

DM does the hard things well. Recruiting and player development. Geezsus learn how to use a time out and sub.

Player development? Who other than Collins has shown significant improvement? And Doral has gone backwards. Recruiting? Class of 2015 was excellent. Class of 16? Childress is struggling. SJM plays 2 MPG. And the other guys can't get on the floor even ahead of guys who are not very good. Recruiting gurus said our class was terrible and nothing so far disproves that. I don't think we can say that he is proven in either area.

Player development? Who other than Collins has shown significant improvement? And Doral has gone backwards. Recruiting? Class of 2015 was excellent. Class of 16? Childress is struggling. SJM plays 2 MPG. And the other guys can't get on the floor even ahead of guys who are not very good. Recruiting gurus said our class was terrible and nothing so far disproves that. I don't think we can say that he is proven in either area.

Yeah, not sure we have seen such great recruiting. Collins and Crawford appear to be solid pick-ups, and hopefully Chaundee Brown is as good as his rating. And I guess you have to give Manning and Co. credit for bringing in Woods. However, it really hurts that we don't have a true impact player in the current frosh class. Obviously the Bzzaster left the Wake roster with a huge hole, so we really, really needed some guys that could step right in and contribute. Not just role players and projects.

I think Crawford could be a star, IF he had discipline. He is too impatient and try's to force things instead of allowing plays to develop. He needs some tough love from the staff. Collins showed some really good things today. How could we not get him the ball down the stretch!

Chaundee is our first elite recruit in almost a decade and our recruiting appears to be back to Dino standards. 2016 was a step back, but we should have enough talent to compensate for that and guys like SJM and Chill look like future rotation players. Adding Woods and Arians helped a lot, too. There's a lot to criticize Manning for, but I don't know if recruiting is one of those things right now.

Arians could not have played worse today. Worst pass ever made, stupid ass fouls and no points was his contribution. That last pass by a 5th year senior was beyond abysmal. He violated the cardinal rule you learn at 8 years old don't pass across court. Great contribution from our "stretch" players today: 3 points and nothing else positive from Mitiglou and Arians.

Arians could not have played worse today. Worst pass ever made, stupid ass fouls and no points was his contribution. That last pass by a 5th year senior was beyond abysmal. He violated the cardinal rule you learn at 8 years old don't pass across court. Great contribution from our "stretch" players today: 3 points and nothing else positive from Mitiglou and Arians.

It wasn't just one bad pass. He threw two that were pretty much right to Clemson in the last 3 minutes of the game. I mean those were passes that an average junior high player wouldn't make. If you were trying to throw a game, you wouldn't even make those passes, as it would look too obvious. Just horrible, horrible passes.

After we went up by 13:

Childress 0-3 from 3
Woods 1-1 2pt, 0-2 3pt 0-1 FT 1 TO
BC 0-2 2pt
MW 1-1 2pt , 0-1 3pt
JC 0-1 2pt
Arians 2 to

There was a media TO at 3:32, Wake called a TO at 1:34, when up 1

I believe we still had 2 TO's left at the end of the game. Not really sure when we are actually supposed to use those based on this.

After we went up by 13:

Childress 0-3 from 3
Woods 1-1 2pt, 0-2 3pt 0-1 FT 1 TO
BC 0-2 2pt
MW 1-1 2pt , 0-1 3pt
JC 0-1 2pt
Arians 2 to

There was a media TO at 3:32, Wake called a TO at 1:34, when up 1

I believe we still had 2 TO's left at the end of the game. Not really sure when we are actually supposed to use those based on this.

So Childress had the most shots for us down the stretch? A 29 pct shooter?

First timeout should've been used when we were up 13 and Clemson immediately hit a 3 and then a 2 to cut it to 8. Timeout there - settle things down. My guess is at least 80% of coaches would call timeout there. Brownell used 2 TO's in the first half to slow Wake runs. Use them Danny!

First timeout should've been used when we were up 13 and Clemson immediately hit a 3 and then a 2 to cut it to 8. Timeout there - settle things down. My guess is at least 80% of coaches would call timeout there. Brownell used 2 TO's in the first half to slow Wake runs. Use them Danny!

Well that was at 6:11, way to early for DM to start using TO's.

The entire tone of the game had changes but we did get our last two baskets after Clemson cut it to 6 and we extended it back to 10 again from there we completely went in the toilet.

The 2016 recruiting class looks like a massive disaster. Key Woods is good though.

The only one to get regular playing time went 0-7 in his first ACC home game.

Lil Chill is a serviceable backup, but should not see the floor in the final 10 mins unless we have serious foul trouble. The last two games have proven that beyond all doubt. I have no idea about the team's view of this, but hopefully they don't see nepotism as the cause or we will begin to have serious chemistry issues.

Collins, Crawford, and Woods must play as much as physically possible. Dinos next, and Wilbekin does a decent job in his role too. I hope Moore inproves throughout the year like he did last season, but his regression this season is puzzling.

There are plenty of reasons to blame the players for the past two losses. Their performance down the stretch was atrocious. The fact that it has occurred in consecutive games suggests the primary responsibility belongs to the coach and his staff. The past two games has demonstrated there is something seriously remiss in the basketball program. The problem(s) need to be rectified.

Really smart coaches don't let this happen.

Well that was at 6:11, way to early for DM to start using TO's.

The entire tone of the game had changes but we did get our last two baskets after Clemson cut it to 6 and we extended it back to 10 again from there we completely went in the toilet.

Too early to use a TO to stop a run?

Back