• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson vs. Wake Forest Game Thread

Yeah, that's why I put it in quotes. It's our thing as Wake fans. This year is the light at the end of the 10 year tunnel and next year we have no reason not to be completely "back".

Just for the record, it sounds like Jets fans. :bowrofl:

So Childress had the most shots for us down the stretch? A 29 pct shooter?

Yes. Beyond strange that Manning was running plays for him to get those shots. Shitty coaching for sure! Alo weird that he told Arians to throw the ball to Clemson whenever he had the chance.

It's really depressing that this is probably the best team we've had since pre-bzzzz and yet we're still headed for a basement finish. The 2 teams I think we all thought we were a good bit better than, happened to post impressive victories over the weekend. Ga. Tech beat UNC and BC beat and put up 96 points against Syracuse and their matchup zone defense. We continue to under achieve while our peers at the bottom over achieved at least this past weekend.

I'm not ready to give up on this team yet but the signs are troubling. We have the most talent we have had in a long time but it is not certain at all that will lead to many ACC wins.

As soon as Clemson started a little run around the 4 minute mark it seemed like everyone in the building could see what was coming - except Manning. I will never understand why Collins is ever off the floor unless he is in major foul trouble - which he was not in this game.

I don't know that this one is all on Manning, though. Our players just seemed to be un-clutch. Arians absolutely lost his mind and threw two of the worst passes I have ever seen. Take those two turnovers and resulting baskets away and we likely win the game. Woods misses the front end of a 1&1, when we hadn't missed a FT all game and then misses a wide open 3. And Childress and Wilbekin missed a couple of wide open shots as well. Even Collins got the ball down low around the 4 minute mark - when he got it I said out loud "and 1" - then he didn't score and didn't even draw the foul... That pretty much started the swirl down into the toilet. It was an amazing comedy of errors.

Back