• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CMM and his shooting

berneses

Reaction score
I didn't realize coming out of hs that he was such a terrible shooter. 3 - 14 today with some that weren't even close. I wonder how many shots outside 5 feet he has hit all year. Our shooting is really going to be terrible next year.

I feel like he's a good midrange shooter with bad shot selection. Not a good three point shooter.

wake recruits non shooters its a long time strategy, but even the shooters aren't shooters except Konner Tucker of course

Someone was talking about CMM as a two guard next year. I don't see it.

I was told by a member of the athletic dept last year that CMM was moving to SG and was likely a 2 year player....

I was told by a member of the athletic dept last year that CMM was moving to SG and was likely a 2 year player....

Funny - I was told a similar thing, though the prediction was three years-and-out.

I think he makes his shots harder than they need to be. He gets great elevation & hang time before his release. He needs to focus more on making the shot & less on the elevation. I know it is a jump-shot, but less jump & more shot will make a more consistent outside shooter.

I think he makes his shots harder than they need to be. He gets great elevation & hang time before his release. He needs to focus more on making the shot & less on the elevation. I know it is a jump-shot, but less jump & more shot will make a more consistent outside shooter.

Now if you want to talk jump shot, let's talk Robert Siler!

Wow... CMM may not be the best shooter but he certainly isn't the problem. CMM is one of the better guards in the conference.

He's the only player on our team who can actually create offense so whether or not he's a pure shooter is immaterial.

I really don't think it's fair to criticize his shooting considering so many times he needs to jack up a shot because the rest of the possession went so poorly. He's still shooting over 50% on his 2 point FGA. He takes 26% of the team's shots when he's on the court. It's not fair to criticize him like this.

I really don't think it's fair to criticize his shooting considering so many times he needs to jack up a shot because the rest of the possession went so poorly. He's still shooting over 50% on his 2 point FGA. He takes 26% of the team's shots when he's on the court. It's not fair to criticize him like this.

I do feel for the kid bc he is the only one that can create on his own but if there was really talk about him going to the NBA after 2 years or 3, that then is crazy talk. He needs to develop a jumper before that can ever be a possibility.

Overton sucks. Watson is going to have to step up next year.

Back