• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CMM and his shooting

Hard to get enthused about that being our ticket to the top but who the hell really knows about our mystery recruit.

CMM is our best player and will be for the foreseeable future, doesn't seem like Harry Giles will be walking through that door anytime soon. I think CMM will become a better shooter. As a freshman, CMM got to the line on just 19.2% of his field goal attempts. This season he is getting to the line on 49.7% of his field goal attempts.

I really don't think it's fair to criticize his shooting considering so many times he needs to jack up a shot because the rest of the possession went so poorly. He's still shooting over 50% on his 2 point FGA. He takes 26% of the team's shots when he's on the court. It's not fair to criticize him like this.
Yeah it is hard to get the stats but it seems like more often than not CMM is the one making a rushed attempt (typically 3pt attempt) to avoid a shot clock violation. That being said he needs to limit his 3pt attempts early in possessions.

Not to worry, Buzz has been recruiting his tail off and next years class is filled with bigs who can shoot.

Now if you want to talk jump shot, let's talk Robert Siler!

True. I saw some old footage of Siler recently and it reminded me just how athletic that guy was. It seemed like his release point for his jumper was about a foot above the rim (but he still shot a rainbow).

pre-knee injury he was, hands down, the most athletic player in WF history.

#historically athletic

One of our all time greats. And if memory serves he was an awesome HS football player too.

Back