• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CNN is Slowly Becoming Irrelevant

CHillDeac

Reaction score
CNN has announced that they will now host several prime time reality series. The new hosts will be 'Dirty Jobs' Mike Rowe, Lisa Ling from the Oprah Winfrey Network and John Walsh from 'America's Most Wanted' fame. All three shows will basically be reboots of the hosts previous shows. There will also be a fourth new show called 'The Jesus Code'. By becoming more like them, CNN is trying to steal eyeballs from the History Channel, Discovery Channel and A&E.

http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2014/04/10/mike-rowe-lisa-ling-john-walsh-joining-cnn-primetime-lineup-with-series/

Slowly?

I don't think I've changed the channel to CNN for news in at least a year. Every time I've seen it on in a public place over the last month, it's been about the Malaysian flight.

Slowly?

I don't think I've changed the channel to CNN for news in at least a year. Every time I've seen it on in a public place over the last month, it's been about the Malaysian flight.

Supposedly CNN's coverage of the missing Malaysian flight drew huge ratings- mainly because they spent hours upon hours literally making crazy shit up. Jon Stewart had a hilarious segment based on it.

I thought I'd watch AJA now that I have DirecTV, but I don't watch any 24 hour news except for the Morning Joe podcast.

Live TV has become irrelevant to me outside of sporting events.

There's no room for neutral news broadcasts anymore, your either fear mongering conservatives or fear mongering liberals.

There's no room for neutral news broadcasts anymore, your either fear mongering conservatives or fear mongering liberals.

Yup. There is no more objectivity in news because all that matters is money, soul sucking money. Ayn rand is diddl....nevermind

I feel more informed or at least less misinformed by my 6pm local news broadcast than any of the 24/7 ratings channels.

watching news on TV, no matter what channel, makes me feel dumb. Even when they're not outright lying to score political points (Fox/MSNBC), everything is covered at the most superficial, lowest-common-denominator level possible. It's like news for 6th graders.

watching news on TV, no matter what channel, makes me feel dumb. Even when they're not outright lying to score political points (Fox/MSNBC), everything is covered at the most superficial, lowest-common-denominator level possible. It's like news for 6th graders.

That's why I go to NPR.

That or you follow the CNN model of putting one of those from each side up for a "panel" "discussion". That only differs slightly from MSNBC which usually goes 6 left for 1/2 right and Fox which usually is 3 right for 1 left.

Which is, at its core, incredibly biased as well. But hey, they talk "in depth" - I will give them that.

I wasn't responding to a post about bias, so not sure what that has to do with my post.

I'll bite though. Please give some examples of how NPR is "incredibly biased."

http://www.npr.org/

BBC, AJA are supposedly good alternatives as well.

I liked how early in the series of House of Cards how Spacey deliberately leaked something to cable news knowing their own rampant speculation would fan the flames into an inferno and actually create a self fulfilling prophecy to his benefit.

Last edited:
Back