• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CNN is Slowly Becoming Irrelevant

I go to BBC America or Al Jazzera (both on digital cable) for TV news now. Everything else is trash.

My subscription to The Economist is definitely worth the price. Objective news and pays attention to the entire world.

Buncha goddamn hipsters with their BBCs and NPRs and Al Jahoozies.

I wasn't responding to a post about bias, so not sure what that has to do with my post.

I'll bite though. Please give some examples of how NPR is "incredibly biased."

http://www.npr.org/

I listen to most of the DR show podcasts and enjoy many of them. They often have shows with only left leaning panelists. When they do have a conservative on the panel it's usually 3 left and one conservative. DR herself is incredibly biased. (I assume she has a lot to do with the topics picked and the panelists booked.) On multiple occasions she has suggested that the reason Obama's poll numbers have dropped is because Americans are racists. On multiple shows she has asked guests what they think of that theory.

If I were a guest I'd respond with a question.... "Are you suggesting that the American Public that elected Obama was racist and voted for him anyway or that they've become racist during the eight years of his presidency?"

DR show is the only NPR show I listen to regularly where I often notice bias.

I listen to most of the DR show podcasts and enjoy many of them. They often have shows with only left leaning panelists. When they do have a conservative on the panel it's usually 3 left and one conservative. DR herself is incredibly biased. (I assume she has a lot to do with the topics picked and the panelists booked.) On multiple occasions she has suggested that the reason Obama's poll numbers have dropped is because Americans are racists. On multiple shows she has asked guests what they think of that theory.

If I were a guest I'd respond with a question.... "Are you suggesting that the American Public that elected Obama was racist and voted for him anyway or that they've become racist during the eight years of his presidency?"

DR show is the only NPR show I listen to regularly where I often notice bias.

I think this is right. I hardly ever listen to her because of it. But I think Morning Edition and All Things Considered are about as good as it gets when it comes to daily news coverage.

That's not a good question considering Obama only won 51.1% of the vote.

The "American Public" didn't vote for Obama. Voter turnout was 57.5% in 2012, meaning only about 29% of registered voters voted for Obama.

As far as bias, all that means is NPR hires a person with bias. I wonder when DeacMan is going to come back with examples of how NPR is an incredibly biased news source.

Last edited:
That's not a good question considering Obama only won 51.1% of the vote.

The "American Public" didn't vote for Obama. Voter turnout was 57.5% in 2012, meaning only about 29% of registered voters voted for Obama.

As far as bias, all that means is NPR hires a person with bias. I wonder when DeacMan is going to come back with examples of how NPR is an incredibly biased news source.

Let me rephrase my question then.... Do you think racists were supporting Obama when his favorable numbers were at 69% or that more than a third of those thinking favorably about him became racist during his term causing his 25% point drop?

That's a better question.

I start with this board. I figure if it is worth knowing, we are talking about it here or we will be soon.

me too. i also use the board to help shape my opinions and get commentary. There are many people on this board who can comment as intelligently as any CNN analyst (and they used to have some good analysts--not sure if that's still the case).

what is sad is how all the educational channels are going to shit. (impoverished) people may get a lot of their education from the TV, and one by one Discovery, History, etc. have chosen to replace educational programming with something stupid. Lets hope PBS never turns to the dark side.

I'm glad i don't watch TV

Last edited:
As it should be. Probably looks at Canada and wonders what could have been if Britain hadn't fucked up.

Back