• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CNN Townhall with Parkland Students, Rubio, NRA and others

‘Scuse me. They’re not a lobbying group. Moose out front should’ve told him.

Exhibit A of why the far right can't stand public schools, because when funded properly and when the parents make a good living, they work very well. These kids are well-informed and now, thanks to the shooting, they are motivated. scares the absolute shit out of the perpetually frightened right. fucking pussies

It must be infuriating to see your child murdered in cold blood and then watch the organization who's responsible for creating a culture of gun worship and lax gun laws basically spit in your face and taunt you.

Yep. And many of us are infuriated too.

Yep. And many of us are infuriated too.

Agreed. Their prior actions but especially their response to the Parkland shooting just does not sit well with me.

It's basically the equivalent of the American Petroleum Institute putting out a threatening advertising campaign after the Exxon Valdez oil spill. And telling everyone who has a problem with Exxon spilling oil everywhere that their time is up.

ETA: i actually think the NRA's current actions are more unethical than the hypothetical scenario above

Last edited:
Yeah LaPierre and Loesch (sp?) deserve to be thrown in jail for their wanton negligence and dismissive attitude. Again, anyone who proclaims themselves a proud NRA member should be ashamed.

Fuck those evil, soulless fucks

I’m ok with it. they are being forced to play cards they haven’t had to play. their hand is limited. This is the behavior of a player who feels desperate

This letter to Dana Loesch from a gun owner is straight fire.

Dear Dana Loesch: How Do You Sleep at Night?

Excerpt:

The point of all of this is that you don’t scare me, and nor do your crazed fans. You’re real used to being the armed one in a conversation, and that’s a reasonable assumption. Most journalists who call out your bullshit aren’t gun owners. Nor are they from an NRA family. Most journalists don’t live near the holler. Most of us didn’t come from the bottom. But I am, and I do, and I did. I’m not afraid of you, or your single percent of the population, or the money of the people who pay you, or your clenched fists.

You have a couple of options here. You can pretend you didn’t see this. Or you can come for me, like you promised to. I am not Joy or Joe or Mika, but I am a journalist. The invitation to back up all your posturing and empty rhetoric does not get clearer than this. (Because I live in this world you have helped to create, I should be very clear here that I make no threat. I just don’t think you have the guts to follow through on yours, even should you search the darkest corners of your stunted mind and shriveled soul and find a shred of intellectual consistency.)

The irony, of course, is that you would not dare face me; you can’t even bring yourself to face schoolchildren without feeling like you have to insult them (which, by the way, is another sign of weakness. Most adults don’t have to drag traumatized kids to keep the upper hand.) You pose and posture and parrot, but you lack the courage of your convictions; you would never risk yourself. You will keep talking about how 5 million people stand behind you, and you will never mention that your millions are a vanishingly small part of the population.

You will pointedly ignore the fact that most gun owners actually don’t like kids being massacred, that most of us think you’re a ghoul, and you will continue to babble about the rights you claim to assert on our behalf no matter how clearly we tell you to stop. You will carry on blithely, happy with your tenuous position because some fractional percentage of humanity watches you preen on camera, and you will count that as success while you ignore the body count that you directly contribute to.

When you are old, you will consider your life and find it ash in your mouth while you watch today’s children systematically undoing your life’s work. They don’t fear you any more than I do, and they will win.

And someday, in this life or the next one, because you are cowering and pampered and you will never have to face a spiritual mirror in this world, you will face a person who will simply quote you Matthew 7:23.

I am a gun owner, and you don’t represent me. You could not possibly, you see, because I have both a soul and a conscience, and you cannot represent that which you do not understand.

https://amp.thedailybeast.com/dear-dana-loesch-how-do-you-sleep-at-night?__twitter_impression=true

I don't dislike the incredibly awkward place these kids are putting politicians into. NRA-backed Rick Scott believes he must support some gun regulations if he wants to keep his Senate hopes alive. NRA-backed Pam Bondi (who dropped a case against Trump University after receiving a campaign donation from the Trump Foundation) now has to defend the law against the NRA lawsuit, switching sides on the "teens should have guns" debate.

Scott chickened out. He could have used his line item veto to cancel the funds for training armed teachers. He said he opposed it.

Guns explained with cats

And Trump backtracks on just about everything. Shocking. Shocking I tell you.

The White House on Sunday vowed to help provide “rigorous firearms training” to some schoolteachers and formally endorsed a bill to tighten the federal background checks system, but it backed off President Trump’s earlier call to raise the minimum age to purchase some guns to 21 years old from 18 years old

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...da0c8e-253a-11e8-bc72-077aa4dab9ef_story.html

Back