• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CNN Townhall with Parkland Students, Rubio, NRA and others

The more blood there is, the bigger profits for the NRA.

You'd think there would be a lot more lawsuits against Soros for non-payment of checks than there are since he appears to be funding all these protests without actually paying anyone.

I think this is a really interesting point that doesn't get enough play. Obviously the Right thought Obama was the antichrist, but my sense is that at least there was a feeling that he was a well-measured, intelligent, almost dispassionate guy; while with Trump the feeling is this guy is a dumb, boorish, impulsive lunatic so we better go out there and do something about it ourselves.

That’s probably a factor for some.

The point I was making about the right was that many didn’t realize how they were empowering the white nationalists and other “deplorable” elements of their because they were only focused on stopping Obama and Hillary as the great evils in America.

They bought the whole “America can’t be racist because we have a black president” logic even though they didn’t vote for Obama themselves.

Now Republicans have power and some Republicans realize how ugly their party has gotten and how few ideas they actually have.

Remember that this tough talk is mostly directed at teenagers who were shot at and watched their friends get murdered exactly one month ago today.

Remember when some posters here claimed Republicans cared about victims of school shootings. They don’t bother claiming that anymore.

16 year old from Goldsboro is a boss.

My daughter started organizing the walkout at her school right after the Parkland shooting. We didn't know she was doing it until we got a call from the school administration saying that they had heard about it around school. We encouraged her and helped her do her own research about why the walkout was happening think about why/if she would want to do it. She printed up flyers to give to other students and teachers explaining the walkout, and the school was incredibly supportive of her (administrators who didn't have classroom responsibilities went out with the students). She wrote a quick speech on her own to address Sen. Tillis and Burr and ask them to do something. She has about 10% of the school at the walkout today.

She's 9.

#notsohumblebrag - my daughter's a badass.

#lectrofearsmylittlegirl

Last edited:
Hm, I need to spread some rep around, but that's amazing IaT.

Q&A with 11-year-old march organizers in Alexandria, Virginia

What’s the plan for the protest today? You’re going to walk out silently?

NAOMI: We’ve discussed having 18 people lie down. We changed our 17 minutes to 18 minutes for the school shooting in Alabama, where Courtlin Arrington was killed. So we’ve added 18.

Why was it important to include her?

NAOMI: I think, well specifically me, I don’t know what Carter thinks, that specifically African-American women, when they are shot and killed, or when they are killed in general, their names aren’t remembered. So I thought it would be important to add an extra one minute.

CARTER: Everyone thought it would be a good idea to do. It’s the second school shooting [after Parkland]. She was studying to be a nurse. She could have saved people’s lives.

Dwayne Wade and Gabrielle Union have donated $200,00 to help cover the costs of event in DC in ten days.

Hm, I need to spread some rep around, but that's amazing IaT.

Q&A with 11-year-old march organizers in Alexandria, Virginia

You held student meetings over two Saturdays to prepare for this. What did you talk about at those meetings?

NAOMI: We went over the expectations: that this was not recess time. You’re not doing this just because you want to get out of school. How we expect to be silent, how we’re not gonna chant, because we want learning in school to go on as normal. How if anybody chooses not to participate, not to give them a hard time. Because I go by, you don’t have to agree with people but you have to respect them.

————-

Maturity level: Infinite

I'm not even exaggerating when I say that that random 11 year old is without a doubt smarter than the President of the United States. I can't believe we've come to this.

That's mean to eight years olds. They are smarter than POTUS.

Well when you think about it, the second amendment gives folks the right to bear arms. So why is there an age limit on gun sales?

Back