• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CNN Townhall with Parkland Students, Rubio, NRA and others

After Daughter's 'Unimaginable' Death, Parkland Family Moved To Action

Her father Philip's voice shakes with anger and grief as he speaks of the aftermath.

"People constantly say to me, 'I can't imagine what you're going through,'" he says. "Well you should. You should try to comprehend your daughter — who you are so proud of, and who was just beginning to live her life – being riddled by bullets. Being told, when the medical examiner gives the body back to the funeral home, 'You can't see her. We have to spend days working on her body. And maybe, maybe you'll be able to see her then.'"

"Think about that," Philip urges. "And then come tell me why we can't do things to keep our kids safe."

Well when you think about it, the second amendment gives folks the right to bear arms. So why is there an age limit on gun sales?

I'm waiting for someone to argue that outlawing guns on planes is unlawful infringement. Its probably already out there somewhere, just haven't found it yet.

Obviously the comments are horrible, but it does shed light on the racial and gender component of this movement to arm teachers. White men politicians placing the responsibility on women from all races to protect children from all races from shooters who are almost all white boys and white men because the white men politicians and their mostly white constituents don't want to lose their guns.

Obviously the comments are horrible, but it does shed light on the racial and gender component of this movement to arm teachers. White men politicians placing the responsibility on women from all races to protect children from all races from shooters who are almost all white boys and white men because the white men politicians and their mostly white constituents don't want to lose their guns.

much like this "be nice to the weird kids and they won't become shooters" bullshit. instead of actually doing something or sacrificing some little part of their gun hobby to keep kids safe, blame the victim and put the responsibility on the kids to solve the problem.

much like this "be nice to the weird kids and they won't become shooters" bullshit. instead of actually doing something or sacrificing some little part of their gun hobby to keep kids safe, blame the victim and put the responsibility on the kids to solve the problem.

Well the kids are doing alright, and there's quite a few 18 year old high schoolers + those that will be 18 by November.

:eek:

They talk about their views with family members who are gun owners and NRA members, and admit that those conversations can be painful.

After Carmen was killed, Philip recalls what he heard from a close relative: "'Sorry, but this is the way it is. This is our second amendment right.'"

"Then I walk away," he says.

"On the other hand," April adds, "we had another family member right when this incident happened tell me, 'We have this type of gun in our home, and we no longer want it.'"

29196966_10156252203954224_7839780337134600192_n.jpg

A local columnist here in Philly that has been vocal in the past about gun violence and gun control wrote this column on teens in Philly that were grappling with whether or not to participate in the school walkout:

Philly teens to Florida teens: Would you have stood in solidarity with us?

Since then they've been in touch with the march organizers, and now a group of students are heading to DC for the march on Saturday.

I'm not even exaggerating when I say that that random 11 year old is without a doubt smarter than the President of the United States. I can't believe we've come to this.

I can believe that the average Wake grad is as dumb as a bag full of bat guano

A local columnist here in Philly that has been vocal in the past about gun violence and gun control wrote this column on teens in Philly that were grappling with whether or not to participate in the school walkout:

Philly teens to Florida teens: Would you have stood in solidarity with us?

Since then they've been in touch with the march organizers, and now a group of students are heading to DC for the march on Saturday.

I’ve been skeptical of some of the attention these parkland kids have gotten and the class and race biases at play, but they have been really good examples of what leadership can be reaching across those chasms.

I’ve been skeptical of some of the attention these parkland kids have gotten and the class and race biases at play, but they have been really good examples of what leadership can be reaching across those chasms.

These kids are going to be so much better than we are. It's inspiring.

Going to be? Five weeks after watching their classmates get gunned down by another classmate they’ve organized children all over the country to walk out in protest of inaction on gun violence, planned a march against school shootings, and motivated 18 year olds all over the country to vote and 17 and 18 year olds register to vote.

They’re way better than us.

Going to be? Five weeks after watching their classmates get gunned down by another classmate they’ve organized children all over the country to walk out in protest of inaction on gun violence, planned a march against school shootings, and motivated 18 year olds all over the country to vote and 17 and 18 year olds register to vote.

They’re way better than us.

They are doing so much more with their Soros money than I ever did.

Well he’s paying them in tide pods. Money goes a lot further that way.

Back