• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CNN Townhall with Parkland Students, Rubio, NRA and others

And Republicans will continue to make tide pod jokes.

Can’t believe some people here actually thought Republicans cared about victims of gun violence.

Only when a Muslim or an illegal immigrant is pulling the trigger.

Watching CNN (which I rarely do). The correspondent from LA just mentioned meeting a 36 year old Columbine survivor. He took 8 bullets and has been in a wheelchair since. He was happy to be participating in the march and was hopeful.

I don't think those of us in our 30s and 40s can truly understand what it's like to go to school in the shadow of Columbine and other school shootings.

omg

NRA is saying march created by "violent radicals".

And they also said this. They are so fucking tone deaf.

NRA host taunts Parkland teens: ‘No one would know your names’ if classmates were still alive

The latest attack came from Colion Noir, a host on NRATV who took to the airwaves on the eve of the Parkland teens-led March on Washington, telling them: “No one would know your names” if a student gunman hadn’t stormed into their school and killed three staff members and 14 students.

“To all the kids from Parkland getting ready to use your First Amendment to attack everyone else’s Second Amendment at your march on Saturday, I wish a hero like Blaine Gaskill had been at Marjory Douglas High School last month because your classmates would still be alive and no one would know your names, because the media would have completely and utterly ignored your story, the way they ignored his,” Noir said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ates-were-still-alive/?utm_term=.384430767036

Pretty amazing scene in DC today (and from the looks of it around the country as well).

d9744dd9b4d46a37d26cecfb41909a53.jpg

d65f3c857e3711f855572f5b1070f850.jpg

Hm, I need to spread some rep around, but that's amazing IaT.

Q&A with 11-year-old march organizers in Alexandria, Virginia

You held student meetings over two Saturdays to prepare for this. What did you talk about at those meetings?

NAOMI: We went over the expectations: that this was not recess time. You’re not doing this just because you want to get out of school. How we expect to be silent, how we’re not gonna chant, because we want learning in school to go on as normal. How if anybody chooses not to participate, not to give them a hard time. Because I go by, you don’t have to agree with people but you have to respect them.

————-

Maturity level: Infinite

I'm not even exaggerating when I say that that random 11 year old is without a doubt smarter than the President of the United States. I can't believe we've come to this.

Just wanted to point out that this was the 11 year old girl that spoke today.

I love that the speakers were all kids, btw.

Heartbreaking.

Back