• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CNN Townhall with Parkland Students, Rubio, NRA and others

yeah this was a kid who would go around assaulting other kids from an early age. people tried to play the same narrative at Columbine, saying those perpetrators were bullied, but in fact long before the shooting they were going around school wearing nazi paraphernalia and making other kids feel unsafe. and anyway, who was bullying the Vegas shooter? or the ISIS wannabes in California? The problem isn't bullying, it's easy access to high-powered rifles with large capacity magazines.

Yeah and this doesn't even get all the way to "manifest destiny, God loves America most, God wants Americans to have guns" which is where plenty of people in my extended family and went to high school with are.

It's like that scene at the beginning of Mean Girls where you see the homeschooled kids, and one says "And on the third day God created the Remington bolt-action rifle so that Man could fight the dinosaurs. And the homosexuals." I still laugh at that line, but I now wonder just how many homeschooled kids really are being told that, or something similar, by their parent-teachers. We're living in strange times.

They aren’t comfortable with it. It’s a distraction. They wouldn’t support taking away the gun rights of someone like Cruz. Conservatives only support law enforcement taking people’s guns through stop and frisk or from their cold dead hands.

Not to mention the hypocrisy of right-wingers attacking kids today for being too sensitive and calling them "snowflakes", and then doing a 180 and attacking them for being insensitive bullies who are goading poor gun-owning kids into shooting up their schools. And, when these kids who have witnessed these school shootings go out and organize rallies and try to do something to stop the violence, suddenly right-wingers fall back to calling them snowflakes again (but dangerous, brainwashed by left-wingers, bullying snowflakes). It's almost as if conservatives really aren't serious or consistent in their criticisms, but they're just doing and saying whatever they think is necessary at the moment to smear and discredit their critics.

yeah this was a kid who would go around assaulting other kids from an early age. people tried to play the same narrative at Columbine, saying those perpetrators were bullied, but in fact long before the shooting they were going around school wearing nazi paraphernalia and making other kids feel unsafe. and anyway, who was bullying the Vegas shooter? or the ISIS wannabes in California? The problem isn't bullying, it's easy access to high-powered rifles with large capacity magazines.

This classic Chris Rock bit on Columbine is still relevant.

https://youtu.be/zhiXkjxab2U

Stay for the Clinton jokes.

Two advertisers have stopped advertising on Laura Ingraham's show. Which I guess was enough to make her nervous:

Two advertisers have stopped advertising on Laura Ingraham's show. Which I guess was enough to make her nervous:

Quite the non-apology apology, with some religious bullshit thrown in on top.

makes my skin crawl...

the only reason for this is because he tweeted her sponsors and she doesn't want to lose any money. meh

It's the typical bullshit apology of "I'm sorry it hurt your widdle feewings" rather than a sincere apology of "sorry for being a mega douche".

Who doesn't know Ingraham is a windbag?

she lost her first sponsor...then she made that post. just like Stormy, she doesn't like bending over for the President if she doesn't get paid.

She's lost Trip Advisor, Rachel Ray's Nutrish and Wayfair so far.

Add Expedia to the list.

Last edited:
She's lost Trip Advisor, Rachel Ray's Nutrish and Wayfair so far.

Add Expedia to the list.

Although, like with Hannity, they'll probably quietly restart advertising in a couple weeks after people have moved on.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/zmgma4/racial-resentment-is-in-the-nras-dna-data-finds
"...To begin exploring whether racial animus is associated with NRA membership, I use a battery of questions scholars refer to as racial resentment, or symbolic racism, which I combine into a scale. The scale consists of the following four questions:

Irish, Italian, Jewish, and many other minorities overcame prejudice and worked their way up. Black people should do the same without any special favors.

It’s really a matter of some people not trying hard enough; if black people would only try harder they could be just as well-off as whites.

Over the past few years, black people have gotten less than they deserve.

Generations of slavery and discrimination have created conditions that make it difficult for black people to work their way out of the lower class.

The results are unambiguous. Holding other variables equal (race, ideology, age, gender, education, ideology, and party identification) the predicted probability of an individual at the low end of the resentment scale identifying as a member of the NRA is 4 percent, compared to a 17 percent predicted probability for an individual at the highest end of the resentment scale. Here's what that looks like:
d95f226d7199f73fb230b40b8fe39ac4.jpg

How long until the conservatives start ripping into these companies spouting off about free speech when this is the #capitalism they’ve been all about for decades.

How long until the conservatives start ripping into these companies spouting off about free speech when this is the #capitalism they’ve been all about for decades.

8 minutes. And a holocaust reference.

Back