• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CNN Townhall with Parkland Students, Rubio, NRA and others

8 minutes. And a holocaust reference.

ingraham.gif

The Erickson tweet is real dumb. This is the constitution at work honestly.

People don’t like adults picking on kids, as it should be.
Capitalism because companies don’t want to be associated with something against the family.
You know the family values where women nurture the kids and not try to make them a national embarrassment.
It also comes across as bullying.
He is also a real American. He is using his free speech to right a perceived wrong. People didn’t like women voting, until they spoke. People didn’t like blacks in the same school, drinking from the same fountain or riding in the front of the bus...until she spoke.

And honestly, the British did not want to give up the new land...until American spoke! Change usually starts in the youth and the more, harder or dirtier you fight that change, the more fuel it will bring. I am not sure I am totally on board with their plight, I have and like my guns, but I do applaud their efforts.

The number of comparisons I’ve seen between #NeverAgain and Nazi Germany is staggering. Like how is this even comparable? Is it Russians making memes that rubes are sharing on FB?

The number of comparisons I’ve seen between #NeverAgain and Nazi Germany is staggering. Like how is this even comparable? Is it Russians making memes that rubes are sharing on FB?

If the Jews had their guns the holocaust woulda never happened

It's been a popular theme of right-wingers for years - they're not the ones with fascist tendencies, but it's liberals who are the blind "sheeple" who demand conformity and want a totalitarian state. They're very good at projection.

This is what conservativism has become. It has evolved beyond any specific political platform into simply white nationalist provacateurs and fear mongerers playing to the cheap seats.

The #nevertrump conservatives might be the most egregious of all, for claiming to be above the frey by simply intellectualizing the Trump base's emotional arguments. As if a chalkboard mathematical proof defending racism is somehow better than screaming racism in a city park.

The #nevertrump conservatives might be the most egregious of all, for claiming to be above the frey by simply intellectualizing the Trump base's emotional arguments. As if a chalkboard mathematical proof defending racism is somehow better than screaming racism in a city park.

Which nevertrump conservatives are you talking about here? I don't recall ever seeing one (at least not in the recent past) trying to rationalize racism. Sure a lot of them have tried (rightfully so) to understand trump's base but most of the nevertrumpers I follow are pretty fucking hard on them...myself included.

Last edited:
It's been a popular theme of right-wingers for years - they're not the ones with fascist tendencies, but it's liberals who are the blind "sheeple" who demand conformity and want a totalitarian state. They're very good at projection.

This.

Conservatives and Trump apologists should shut the fuck up about Nazism, fascism and totalitarianism. Their leader is a wannabe autocrat who has zero regard for the Constitution. On top of this Trump's most ardent supporters (alt right) openly call for a totalitarian state.

Which nevertrump conservatives are you talking about here? I don't recall ever seeing one (at least not in the recent past) trying to rationalize racism or Trump's base. In fact, most of the nevertrumpers I follow are pretty fucking hard on trump's base... including myself.
1. RE: racism, "Classic liberal" (ha!) conservatives invented and adopted the southern strategy, broken windows policing, stop and frisk, the war on drugs, etc.

2. #nevertrump conservative (college grads) elitists trashing the Trump base for decorum and ignorance is the goddamn apotheosis of hypocrisy, see #1

1. RE: racism, "Classic liberal" (ha!) conservatives invented and adopted the southern strategy, broken windows policing, stop and frisk, the war on drugs, etc.

2. #nevertrump conservative (college grads) elitists trashing the Trump base for decorum and ignorance is the goddamn apotheosis of hypocrisy, see #1

#1. This was popular policy in the 80's. You would be hard pressed to find a nevertrump conservative advocating for any of this in 2018.

#2. You would also be hard pressed to find a nevertrumper trash Trump's base solely on decorum and/or ignorance (depending on how you define ignorance). Most of us like to call out Trump's base because they mindlessly worship at the altar of a wannabe autocrat. Plus their dear leader is actually guilty of the same things they wrongfully claimed Obama, Democrats and liberals were guilty of from 2008-2016.

#1. This was popular policy in the 80's. You would be hard pressed to find a nevertrump conservative advocating for any of this in 2018.

#2. You would also be hard pressed to find a nevertrumper trash Trump's base solely on decorum and/or ignorance (depending on how you define ignorance). Most of us like to call out Trump's base because they mindlessly worship at the altar of a wannabe autocrat. Plus their dear leader is actually guilty of the same things they wrongfully claimed Obama, Democrats and liberals were guilty of from 2008-2016.
I actually wouldnt be hard pressed to find them at all, they're often on my newsfeed, my timeline, where I work, on television, and in congress. Marco Rubio, John McCain, James Comey, we could go all day. Conservatives who share 90% of Trumps (base) nativist, authoritarian, racially biased political purview. The same Republicans who use the budget deficit as as a cudgel against a Democrats agenda, but have no problem voting to expand the deficit during a Republican administration, and then cut welfare programs.

Last edited:
Black Marjory Stoneman Douglas students want the movement to include their voices too

Black students gathered in Parkland Wednesday said they felt overlooked and underrepresented by both the media and their peers leading the charge for more gun control. And some of the solutions meant to keep them safer in the wake of a gunman slaughtering 17 of their classmates leave them feeling more afraid than before.

Kai Koerber, a 17-year-old Marjory Stoneman Douglas student, returned to school after the shooting to see his slain classmates’ empty desks turned into memorials — and a campus swarming with police officers. To him, extra cops around doesn’t mean more people to protect him; it means more chances to become a victim of police brutality.

Rev. Rosalind Osgood, a Broward County school board member, said Kai’s comments are exactly why black students’ voices need to be elevated. Without this conversation, she said, she would have never thought of that consequence of heightened police staffing.

UNC had the guy who shot the asian students and the one that drove his truck into the pit so it's not a terrible violence focal point.

I just bothered to look up Ingraham's background. She got her BA at Dartmouth and here JD at UVa Law. So this is literally an Ivy League elitist mocking a gun violence survivor for not getting accepted into public schools. #ivyleaguefilth

Back