• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CNN Townhall with Parkland Students, Rubio, NRA and others

Why did they put his CD collection on display? Killer tunes?

Pretty sure a lot of those are airsoft guns. I highly doubt that kid has a real SCAR, and that knife is clearly fake. Obviously it only takes 1 real gun, but the fact that they put the airsoft guns up there isn't going to add any credibility.

On a different note, is it just me, or are hit lists not only psychotic, but also just strange in general? Like, if you forget who you were planning on killing, could that person really be that important?

you ever seen Kill Bill? It's all about the list.

Or maybe they digitized their hit list for better future archiving purposes.

Didn’t guy at Waffle House prove that talking point wrong?

No. I think that just justified their belief that black people are superhuman and they need bigger badder guns to take us now.

[h=1]Dallas restaurant says it got death threats for putting pro-gun control message on receipts[/h]
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...says-it-got-death-threats-for-putting-pro-gun

A restaurant in Dallas says it received a series of threats after it posted a message on its receipts supporting gun control measures during the National Rifle Association (NRA) Leadership Forum this week.
Joe Groves, the owner of Ellen's Restaurant, told BuzzFeed News that the establishment received calls threatening to "shoot the place up," and another by a person suggesting that they would set it ablaze.
"We’ve had people calling and say they’re going to shoot the place up, one that implied he would be burning us down today. Ridiculous people," Groves said.
The threats apparently came in response to the NRA telling its members to "steer clear" of the restaurant, because it had printed a message on the bottom of its receipts saying that a portion of the week's proceeds would be donated to gun control advocacy groups.
"A portion of this week’s proceeds will be donated to organizations dedicated to implementing reasonable and effective gun regulations that protect citizens' 2nd Amendment rights and also help reduce needless gun violence. Welcome to Dallas!" the message reads.
Groves told BuzzFeed that he wanted to use the occasion of the NRA convention to ignite a discussion about ways to reduce gun violence.
" 'Reasonable and effective,' in my naive world, is a fairly benign and centrist view," he said.
The message on the receipts was picked up by the NRA, who tweeted it out to its 665,000 followers, igniting outrage among the group's members.

The NRA and its snowflake rube minions find this a highly objectionable stance?

Good grief.

The NRA and Republicans have really proven that they are incapable of or have no desire for reasonable compromise or constructive dialogue even. They apparently believe it’s in their best interest to just stay on message, ever and always posturing against imaginary boogeymen, damn the consequences.

They are poison to our nation’s health.

If you're trying to convince people that gun control measures are not needed, it's probably not the best strategy to threaten to shoot the place up. Idiot cowards.

About that Dallas restaurant...

Dallas restaurant targeted by NRA writes fat check for gun reform group

Part of Groves' original intent was always to raise funds for an organization that advocated for gun reform, and he settled on Moms Demand Action, the group founded by stay-at-home mom Shannon Watts in 2012, in response to the devastating shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

He'll present the group with a check for $15,000.

"We'll present it during a special celebration at the restaurant on Mother's Day at 3 pm," Groves says. "I put a significant amount of personal money into it, but the rest came from patrons of the restaurant as well as people calling us from South America, Asia, from countries all around the world."

"I expected some backlash but I did not expect to become a pariah personally or to be interviewed by the BBC," he says. "But in the end, I think the NRA helped us, not only in allowing us to make this generous contribution, but ultimately to create the conversation we need to have."

“They call them activists. That’s what they’re calling themselves. They’re not activists — this is civil terrorism. This is the kind of thing that’s never been seen against a civil rights organization in America,” [literally Oliver North] said.

“You go back to the terrible days of Jim Crow and those kinds of things — even there you didn’t have this kind of thing,” he said. “We didn’t have the cyberwar kind of thing that we’ve got today.”

I mean...

He said the young survivor-activists who have emerged as representatives for gun restrictions — and as fierce opponents of the NRA — are getting swept up by a broader propaganda machine.

“What they did very successfully with a frontal assault, and now intimidation and harassment and lawbreaking, is they confused the American people,” he said. “Our job is to get the straight story out about what happened there, and to make sure that kind of thing doesn’t happen again because the proper things are being done with the advocacy of the NRA.”

help, the teens are being mean to us, one of the most powerful lobbying organizations in the country.

Link

you ever seen Kill Bill? It's all about the list.

I'll always have a soft spot for Kill Bill. One of the guys we played ball with helped build the sets for Kill Bill. Tarrentio ordered way too much stuff for the wrap party. Duke filled up the bed of his truck with a couple of kegs, cases of booze/wine, lots of steaks, burgers and chicken, salads and other food.

We were able to have BBQs for a month or so after our Saturday games. Three cheers for Kill Bill and Tarrentio!

Duke was a helluva PG. K wouldn't want anything to do with him. Our Duke was happily blue collar and happily high. K doesn't appreciate either.

tarrentio sounds like a good name for a Shakespearean side kick who is secretly in love with the protagonist, the duke.

Duke could be considered a sidekick for Tarrentino as the pair have worked together a few times in the past twenty years.

What's really weird is that our park rarely has had anyone over 6'5 and has a bunch of excellent PGs. About 2-3 miles away in Newport Beach is another court, teams there historically have 2-3 guys 6'7+ (including some pros). But guys on both courts are incredibly loyal and don't play at the other place.

[h=1]Broward deputy who failed to confront school shooter getting pension[/h]
http://www.wesh.com/article/broward...front-school-shooter-getting-pension/20715486

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — A Florida sheriff's deputy who failed to confront a gunman during a Feb. 14 school massacre is receiving a monthly state pension of $8,702.35.
The SunSentinel reports 55-year-old Scot Peterson, who resigned and retired after the shootings, began receiving payments in April.

Surveillance video showed Peterson outside Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School as the gunman killed 17 people inside with an AR-15 assault-style rifle. Broward Sheriff Scott Israel said Peterson should have gone inside. President Donald Trump called Peterson a coward.
Peterson later said he thought the shots were coming from outside the building.
Pension payments are based on the 32 years he worked and the average of his five highest-paid fiscal years.

--------

Six figure pension at 55 years old. Pays to not do your job and let innocent people die.

lol a 55yr old deputy gets a $100k pension? state jobs are literally a fucking gold mine. no wonder budgets are busted. literally mind boggling - that guy could live to 100!

and millennials are the one's killing everything

Back