• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CNN Townhall with Parkland Students, Rubio, NRA and others

That is one of the stupidest things the NRA has ever said and that takes a lot of doing.

I'm having a tough time reconciling these two gun advocate stances:

1: "guns don't kill people, people kill people"
2: "the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."

The former seems to imply that guns are not the cause of violence while the latter seems to say "Of course they cause violence. That's why we need guns to protect ourselves." I wouldn't compare the two if I didn't see so many of the same people arguing both. People who side with stance 2 appear to admit that guns are a problem, but apparently think they are too ingrained for a ban to be effective (which I find to be a much more compelling argument than...) while people of stance 1 imply that guns are not a problem.

If you speak NRA, they say the same thing “buy more guns”.

Just out of curiosity, would using someone’s likeliness as a target qualify for the type of behavior that law enforcement should act on for detainment or disarmament? I’m trying to understand the argument for only needing to control “bad guys” instead of all guns, because this seems like “bad guy” behavior.

Pretty lame to use Camera Hogg's likeness at the range.

Pretty lame to use Camera Hogg's likeness at the range.

A new, non-Trumpian conservative voice has graced us with his presence.

Godeacsbravesdawgs what do you think of Trump!? Does he reflect your conservative values?

Yeah. We have no idea where Go stands.

This Hogg kid has really, really gotten under the skin of conservatives. I still see several people ranting about him almost daily on my facebook and twitter feeds. One just posted on fb today that they "can't wait until this kid fades back into irrelevance, and we don't have to see or hear him anymore." They claim liberals are the snowflakes, but they are all obsessed and worried over a high school kid who wants stricter gun control regulations because he recently had seventeen of his classmates murdered. He really is giving them fits.

yeah makes me like him more that nitwits like that guy in the video with nothing better to do than play with guns in the desert are all butthurt. give the kid his own show

This Hogg kid has really, really gotten under the skin of conservatives. I still see several people ranting about him almost daily on my facebook and twitter feeds. One just posted on fb today that they "can't wait until this kid fades back into irrelevance, and we don't have to see or hear him anymore." They claim liberals are the snowflakes, but they are all obsessed and worried over a high school kid who wants stricter gun control regulations because he recently had seventeen of his classmates murdered. He really is giving them fits.

Yeah. I don’t think they were really thinking and praying for him.

Washington, D.C., may let 16-year-olds vote for president.

Voting is a habit, and there's research to suggest that 16- and 17-year-olds are more likely to develop that habit than 18-year-olds, who are often moving away from their local community to attend college or start work.

Canada's top election official made a similar case in calling on Parliament to consider lowering the voting age last month, noting, "We know that Canadians who vote early in their lifetime will continue to vote, and those who don't vote in the first few elections will tend not to vote later on."

Back