• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coach Battle

Y'all had no issue with staff turnover between Staak, Odom, Prosser, and [Redacted] (never forget Walt Corbean), Caldwell and Grobo.

I'm sure you sentimental few will have no trouble accepting change when it translates into wins and better recruiting.

I posted on another thread, but I suppose few men have had a tougher 7 years than Jeff Battle. Mentor died. Wife died. Rumblings that he didn't get along all that well at times with Dino. Stuck on the staff of a fucking weirdo for 4 long, terrible years.

Stop trying to figure out how to get him on the new staff. LET THE MAN GO TO PROVIDENCE AND COACH WITH HIS FRIEND AND ENJOY BASKETBALL ONCE AGAIN.

FREE JEFF BATTLE! FREE HIM!

settingfree.jpg

Battle will definitely land on his feet.

It's time for a fresh start. I wish the best for all the assistants, but everybody touched by Buzz's loser "culture" needs to go.

We make the right hire, with no suggestions from Ronny or anyone else about retaining any staff. Said new right hire then evaluates whether he wants to interview any current assistants for positions on his staff. Should Battle get an interview, and want that interview, then get hired, great. If not, thanks for your work here and best of luck in the future.

Will be disappointed if any of the assistants stay. Tell-tale sign of the Bz disaster was the retention of the previous staff. New coach should pick his staff, not the AD.

Exactly. UNC-Ch tried to tell Roy they had to keep Phil Ford & Ole Roy told them to stick it. Thos AD has had impit on 2 basketball staffs. Geez

Back