• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coach Grobe, you embarrassed this university

That's what hurts the most. Grobe, the staff, the players just don't look like they care. In the 1st quarter, Deandre Martin didn't secure the handoff and luckily recovered. The camera pans to a dead faced Grobe. Next play, Deandre is still in the game.

End of 3rd quarter, we run a play and stop the clock with 1 second left. All of a sudden, the second goes away and it's the end of the 3rd without running a play. Now I may have missed something with no sound, but I couldn't believe Grobe didn't try to keep that second to get an extra play.

That's what hurts the most. Grobe, the staff, the players just don't look like they care. In the 1st quarter, Deandre Martin didn't secure the handoff and luckily recovered. The camera pans to a dead faced Grobe. Next play, Deandre is still in the game.

End of 3rd quarter, we run a play and stop the clock with 1 second left. All of a sudden, the second goes away and it's the end of the 3rd without running a play. Now I may have missed something with no sound, but I couldn't believe Grobe didn't try to keep that second to get an extra play.

I thought the exact same thing...it was like screw it let's get on to the fourth quarter

I had forgotten about that. Classic Grobe to let that slide.

Doesn't the clock start on the ready signal unless there is an incomplete pass in college until like the 2 minute mark of 4Q? I can't remember what type of play preceded the clock running down.

pass completed to our guy who gets knocked oob. our offensive lineman who is playing with the torn acl got hurt on the play and the clock was stopped with 1 second left in the quarter. while the medical crew were checking him out on the field the last second of the quarter went off. grobe probably just wanted the game to end just as much as i did.

Forgot that it was during an injury. That's even worse.

I don't think any one call embarrasses the university, but getting the shit beat out of us while our highly paid coach doesn't seem to give a damn is pretty embarrassing.

Having a football player copy work from a fifth grader's group project is embarrassing. This, not as much.

Tanner couldn't hit the broad side of the barn, the receivers dropped the good passes, and we had a turnover deep in our own territory. With the exception of the two decisions to punt, we just didn't execute.

Having a football player copy work from a fifth grader's group project is embarrassing. This, not as much.

Tanner couldn't hit the broad side of the barn, the receivers dropped the good passes, and we had a turnover deep in our own territory. With the exception of the two decisions to punt, we just didn't execute.

Arguing about whose football players are smarter is lame. Tired of hearing about it. We were plenty embarrassing on the field.

I'm embarrassed that I have to see the ESPN ticker all weekend long with the 42-13 score.

I'm embarrassed that I have to see the ESPN ticker all weekend long with the 42-13 score.

We've been pretty bad most of this season no doubt, but I get a chuckle out of thinking about being 4-4 with still a chance of a bowl being called embarrassing and wondering what we would've called our football program back in the 90's and before had this board been around then. Is it bad right now, yes. Is it embarrassing like it was during most of the 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's no way. Are we headed to those levels of embarassment in the future, I sure as heck hope not!

We've been pretty bad most of this season no doubt, but I get a chuckle out of thinking about being 4-4 with still a chance of a bowl being called embarrassing and wondering what we would've called our football program back in the 90's and before had this board been around then. Is it bad right now, yes. Is it embarrassing like it was during most of the 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's no way. Are we headed to those levels of embarassment in the future, I sure as heck hope not!

Thus far, we have lost to Duke, been gang-raped by Florida State and Clemson and await, perhaps an even WORSE ass kicking, at the hands of Notre Dame. We barely defeated Liberty and Army. And, let's not forget the NCSU game is a loss.

Those who ignore history are destined to repeat it.

It isn't the record as much as how we got there. We were 4-7 at one point in '09. I wasn't around here then but I have a hard time believing that the attitude was anything like it is now. I know I felt a lot better about that 4-7 than I do this 4-4.

It isn't the record as much as how we got there. We were 4-7 at one point in '09. I wasn't around here then but I have a hard time believing that the attitude was anything like it is now. I know I felt a lot better about that 4-7 than I do this 4-4.

You're right, there is a different feeling about this. For me the difference is against teams like Clemson and FSU, right now we're completely outmatched. From 2006 to even 2009, I didn't feel that way. My point was, I've seen embarrassing Wake football and this isn't at that point yet. My biggest fear though is that might be where we're headed if things don't get turned around.

I am most embarrassed by the fact we are asking/forcing Steve Chase to play with a bad injury that needs surgery. Kid keeps falling down or getting hurt out there. Each time I yell WTF?

Oh yeah, 2010 at FSU, 2012 vs. FSU and last night - that was embarrassing WFU football. How is it not?

And Dabo calling off the dogs saved my under with you, DirktheDeac!!!

That may be the most inexplicable punting decision I have ever seen in the history of football.

Nah, I had a sideline pass one time when Al Groh was our coach and we were playing at Duke. We were leading by less than a TD IIRC and under 2 minutes.. We had a 4th down from around the 36. Was standing down there with Ken Crutchfield, who was taking photos & was a huge Groh fan. Punt sailed over our head and out of bounds outside the 20. Ken was livid, as was I & he was screaming at Groh. Duke gets the football, takes it in about 8 plays for the TD to beat us.

Back