• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coach, how much do I hate thee? Let me count the ways.....

Sportin' Woody

Reaction score
I'll go first:

1. For destroying Travis' career at Wake. He could have been great and one of my favorite all time Deacs. You took him backwards and ruined his college years.

For saying one stupid thing after another, usually as an excuse for the sorry job you did.

I'll go first:

1. For destroying Travis' career at Wake. He could have been great and one of my favorite all time Deacs. You took him backwards and ruined his college years.

Please. There are plenty of things you an pin on Bz, but McKie's performance is not one of them. Travis not being great is much more on Travis than on Bz. I can't remember a player more likely to coast and disappear than #30. For every good performance from him, we've gotten 3-4 mediocre to poor ones. That's a player issue.

Please. There are plenty of things you an pin on Bz, but McKie's performance is not one of them. Travis not being great is much more on Travis than on Bz. I can't remember a player more likely to coast and disappear than #30. For every good performance from him, we've gotten 3-4 mediocre to poor ones. That's a player issue.

It's a shame that ignorance isn't more painful.

Comical that some of you both defend and take pity on Travis. One of my least favorite Deacs of the last 30 years.

Thankful I won't have to witness too many ill advised "hero ball" threes or 1 rebound performances any more

Comical that some of you both defend and take pity on Travis. One of my least favorite Deacs of the last 30 years.

Thankful I won't have to witness too many ill advised "hero ball" threes or 1 rebound performances any more

My "least favorite Deacs of the last 30 years" are Ron Wellman, Nathan Hatch, and Jeff [Redacted]; in that order.

I don't hate Travis and I don't love Wellman.

I find the lack of objectivity of some of you to be comical. You can't blame the world's problems on Bz, try as some of you might.

If that makes me a shill for the athletic department, then so be it. But I think its unfortunate that anything not scorched earth anti Bz is mocked.

Kind of defeats the whole purpose of a message board.

McKie has 24 double-digit games IN HIS FRESHMAN YEAR and you think that we've gotten three to four mediocre to poor performances from him per each good performance? Give me a break. Travis may have given up on [Redacted] this year, but he hasn't given up anymore than most of the fans have. And he was a very very solid player at Wake, and continues to be this year albeit at a considerably lower usage rate - most likely because he has basically just stopped caring because of [Redacted].

Ripping on Travis as a "player issue" is fucking stupid.

I hate Bzdeliks ties....and his ability to teach rebounding.

McKie has 24 double-digit games IN HIS FRESHMAN YEAR and you think that we've gotten three to four mediocre to poor performances from him per each good performance? Give me a break. Travis may have given up on [Redacted] this year, but he hasn't given up anymore than most of the fans have. And he was a very very solid player at Wake, and continues to be this year albeit at a considerably lower usage rate - most likely because he has basically just stopped caring because of [Redacted].
Ripping on Travis as a "player issue" is fucking stupid.

The fact he had 24 double digit games his freshman year is exactly why I have issues with him. The talent is clearly there. But you never know if good Travis or Bad Travis is going to show up. For every game like the one he had at VT, we get a bunch of 2-8 from the field, 2 rebound performances.

The fact he was NOT names team captain says a ton. I know everyone wants to pin that one on Bz, but I'm sure Bz would have loved nothing more than to name his only returning senior a team captain. But for some reason he And the rest of the staff couldn't do it.

I'm just glad we let Travis play on the wing so that the could craft his game for the league. Can't wait to see who selects him this summer.

I hate his excuses and blaming anything he can think of but himself and inability to man up and take responsibility and accountability.

I hate his excuses and blaming anything he can think of but himself and inability to man up and take responsibility and accountability.

This is Bz not Travis btw.
Only stating the obvious because I did a double take at first.

Travis has been one of the few consistent bright spots on a series of bad teams. Not saying he hasn't played poorly at times or is undeserving of some criticism. But before you slam him, keep in mind he has spent all four years of his college career having to play Buzzy Ball. Four years having to deal with Bz as your coach- I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

And thanks for hammering my point home. Can't admire or respect a guy who quits on his teammates.

A lot of people have said he's not a leader, doesn't mean he's not a fine teammate and it doesn't mean that he's not a solid player. There are plenty of things that aren't [Redacted]'s fault but I will never believe that Travis' stagnant skill set over the past couple of years was not directly related to [Redacted] sucking the joy out of basketball for him.

The fact he was NOT names team captain says a ton. I know everyone wants to pin that one on Bz, but I'm sure Bz would have loved nothing more than to name his only returning senior a team captain. But for some reason he And the rest of the staff couldn't do it.

Just because you missed the thread on this board where this situation was discussed at length doesn't mean that you can use it to support your non-existent case against Travis.

Again - it's a shame that ignorance isn't more painful.

I don't hate Travis and I don't love Wellman.

I find the lack of objectivity of some of you to be comical. You can't blame the world's problems on Bz, try as some of you might.

If that makes me a shill for the athletic department, then so be it. But I think its unfortunate that anything not scorched earth anti Bz is mocked.

Kind of defeats the whole purpose of a message board.

One of the most important jobs of a coach is to motivate his players

Back