• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coach Jerry Haas in 15th at PNC to get to PGA Championship

Lots of nerves out there right now. Bladed chip on 17 by a guy on the line.

Yes, it has gotten so bad around here, that the fact that our golf coach is in the running to make it into the PGA championship by finishing in the top 20 of the club pro tourney gets us excited.:rulz:

Coach Haas is still an alum of Wake, and I hope he makes it for that if for no other reason.

Not understanding how the scores are adding up. Did they play on different courses over the first 3 days? Jerry shot 72-72-72 and is even today, but is +1 for the tournament.

ETA: Never mind. Just saw on the website that there were 2 courses.

Last edited:
Not understanding how the scores are adding up. Did they play on different courses over the first 3 days? Jerry shot 72-72-72 and is even today, but is +1 for the tournament.

Yes. I think the 2nd day they played a Par 71. I was also confused when I saw it haha.

He's not out of it just yet. This thing could very well fall back to +2.

OP said top 20 plus ties, but they just mentioned a playoff. So they must whittle it down to exactly 20.

10 guys at -1 or E right now. Jerry needs 4 of them to drop to +2 to make the playoff if my math is correct.

Coach Haas has the nerves to do it if his putter doesn't betray him.

Regardless of how we have done in Men's Golf with him as the HC, he is one of the nicest and most sincere people I have ever met. I know others have different opinions of him, but he was always extremely helpful to me whether it was with interviews or helping me with my golf game at his camp.

Obviously biased but my $.02 about him.

+! Jerry is absolutely one of the nicest guys on the face of the earth. Plus he comes from a top notch Wake Forest golf family. I went to his Father-Son golf camp a few years back and had a blast with him and all his staff. Plus they are all huge Cardinal fans.

Is there some reason he isn't using all this coverage to wear something with WF on it? Is there a rule or maybe his deal with Nike?

+! Jerry is absolutely one of the nicest guys on the face of the earth. Plus he comes from a top notch Wake Forest golf family. I went to his Father-Son golf camp a few years back and had a blast with him and all his staff. Plus they are all huge Cardinal fans.

And I'll trade the nicest guy on the face of the earth for someone who can recruit and get our program back to the level it enjoyed before his wasteland of a regime took over.

And I'll trade the nicest guy on the face of the earth for someone who can recruit and get our program back to the level it enjoyed before his wasteland of a regime took over.

Agreed. And most of the people I know do NOT think of him as a "nice guy" but more of an arrogant, has-been who thinks he is better than everyone. I know three people that grew up going to Wake Forest Golf Camp, thought they wanted to go to Wake, got recruited and offered, and chose to go elsewhere, almost entirely because of Coach Haas. I'm beating off a dead horse here, but anyone who thinks he is the right coach for our program right now needs to do some serious reconsidering.

Agreed. And most of the people I know do NOT think of him as a "nice guy" but more of an arrogant, has-been who thinks he is better than everyone. I know three people that grew up going to Wake Forest Golf Camp, thought they wanted to go to Wake, got recruited and offered, and chose to go elsewhere, almost entirely because of Coach Haas. I'm beating off a dead horse here, but anyone who thinks he is the right coach for our program right now needs to do some serious reconsidering.

Then "most" people don't know what the fuck they're talking about. And we definitely need a coach who understands what it takes to win a National Championship in golf. If only there was an alumnus who had the game and understanding of what it takes. Oh, wait...

Then "most" people don't know what the fuck they're talking about. And we definitely need a coach who understands what it takes to win a National Championship in golf. If only there was an alumnus who had the game and understanding of what it takes. Oh, wait...

WTF? Forget a national championship. We are so far from that--assuming you followed the 2013 regionals much less the finals--it is laughable to even mention it in the same breath with WFU golf. How about an ACC Championship. I believe its now been 24 years? Where did we finish this year--eighth? Who do we have returning of national caliber? No one. Haas may "know" what it takes but he sure as heck doesn't do what it takes.

WTF? Forget a national championship. We are so far from that--assuming you followed the 2013 regionals much less the finals--it is laughable to even mention it in the same breath with WFU golf. How about an ACC Championship. I believe its now been 24 years? Where did we finish this year--eighth? Who do we have returning of national caliber? No one. Haas may "know" what it takes but he sure as heck doesn't do what it takes.

Thank you.

Back