• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coach K is a tricky one

I'm still a little worried that it is all part of Coach K's Master Plan to make sure Bz is back next year. The man is an evil genius. I wouldn't put it past him. He knows that if he beats Carolina on Saturday he is still the 3rd seed.

Kind of like when Grobe let Virginia Tech beat us in Football in 2006 - because the Maryland game was the only one that meant anything for ACC seeding purposes.

Using the old "dizziness" excuse to explain the loss to the selection committee. Will still get a #2 seed if they beat UNC and get to the finals of the ACC tourney -- -maybe a #1 if they win the tourney.

All a part of his master plan.

2014 Wake basketball is a far, far, far different story than the 2006 football season. Win or lose against VT, and Wake still needed to beat MD to win the division. Wake had one division loss (Clemson) as did Maryland (BC). Winner got the division title. The game was also for second best overall record in the ACC. GATech was undefeated.

Deciding between "Choked on a one seed" and "Showing symptoms of being torn a new Bzzhole."

fake-faint-k-o.gif

SNIPER!

LOL

I have been telling my wife for years that the Joel has "bad air." Like that shitty Nordstroms air when you cut through at the mall in December. Hot, heavy, un-filtered air that always makes me dizzy - in the Joel.

All morning long listening to ESPN Radio, the first thing they mention after giving the score last night is "Coach K experienced dizzy spells during the game and was taken to Duke Hospital." Way to divert attention away from the butt kicking your team received last night K.

Told my wife after the game that this was K's halftime speech to his team:

OK guys , we have them where we want them, you are doing exactly as I told you, playing decent but keeping them in the game, now this half I want us to show them who's boss, but not to much so they are still in the game and then when I give the signal, say I start getting dizzy, we really go in the tank and let them win.
That way we will have this doofus around for a few more years, I don't mind giving them one once in a while if the rest of the time we don't even have to prepare for them to kick there butts. Remember this game is meaningless, the important one is Saturday.All right, all in, let's go.

Evil Genius indeed.

I was trying to find the scene from the Waterboy where Kathy Bates is "sick" and watching what's going on with one eye open.

I couldn't find it.

2014 Wake basketball is a far, far, far different story than the 2006 football season. Win or lose against VT, and Wake still needed to beat MD to win the division. Wake had one division loss (Clemson) as did Maryland (BC). Winner got the division title. The game was also for second best overall record in the ACC. GATech was undefeated.

Was talking about it from Duke basketball's perspective, not Wake's.

Told my wife after the game that this was K's halftime speech to his team:

OK guys , we have them where we want them, you are doing exactly as I told you, playing decent but keeping them in the game, now this half I want us to show them who's boss, but not to much so they are still in the game and then when I give the signal, say I start getting dizzy, we really go in the tank and let them win.
That way we will have this doofus around for a few more years, I don't mind giving them one once in a while if the rest of the time we don't even have to prepare for them to kick there butts. Remember this game is meaningless, the important one is Saturday.All right, all in, let's go.

Evil Genius indeed.

Love this ...

If he can stand the fumes from getting his hair dyed, he can stand the motorcycle fumes.

Anytime K complains about the conditions on the road, he should be reminded that the shithole they play in doesn't always have the thermostat set to hell.

Back