• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COACH O OR BUST!

Spragoo

Reaction score
This is the thread where we express our desire to hire the next head Wake Forest football coach, Ed Orgeron. It makes no sense. He doesn't fit the Wake "culture", but that is exactly why we need him. He possesses swag. He has energy. He can recruit. And he will win. Coach O is the young trophy wife every man who has been through a divorce knows he wants and needs. We had our solid marriage with Coach Grobe, and our moms and all the other ACC teams liked him. Now it's time to be selfish and go for that hot, young trophy wife that we know will win the cocktail party. We should be tired of winning the post-game press conference and try to at least win the game, er cocktail party.

Even better, Coach O is coming off his own "divorce" and needs to feel wanted by someone. It may not last. It may end bad. But hey, at least we went after it. At least we asked the hot girl out and didn't sit on the sidelines and justify why we should have a middle-of-the road people pleaser. Fortune favors the bold. Go big! Go O! Worked out well for Duke to hire a former Ole Miss coach with some moxy!

Cutcliffe and Orgeron both were head coaches at Ole Miss.

And there the comparisons end

We will be on probation with loss of scholarships in 12 months.

But it would be grand.

Whatever happens, this is officially the most excited that I've been about Wake sports in four years.

It doesn't fit the Wake mold, but that is exactly why it is brilliant. Mike Leach would not be coaching at Washington State but for being desperate. Coach O is desperate and wants to feel wanted. We need a coach who can attract excitement. The problem with Wake is we can only get people who attended the school to be our fans. Coach O brings excitement. It may not last forever, but at least it will be fun. That's is the definition of a rebound relationship/hire. Wake is on the rebound and needs some excitement. Not more Buzzkill-esque blah.

First of all Coach O is a fucking idiot, second he's a scumbag, third he's a terrible fucking head coach. Stupid idea, O can go eat a dick.

I'm just a townie, but a diehard for 30 years. I live and die with wake sports. We do need more non alum fans, something as a Winston native I've been wishing for 30 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You think all those Louisville basketball fans went to U of L? Or the 80,000+ Clemson fans went to Clemmers? Or even the 20,000+ fans at the Dean Dome went to UNC? Or even the 14k who came to the Joel when Skip was here went to Wake? Ummmm.... No. We have to do something to attract fans beyond the diehards. We are all the diehards. We gotta bring in some excitement. Coach O will do that on Day 1. And maybe Chad Morris. Change is not change unless you change.

first of all NO and go fuck yourself for thinking we can't do better than that dumbass cajun idiot

You obviously haven't tracked Orgeron's career... he's a god awful head coach. Not sure what would generate excitement about him.

Oh Deacon Brews, you are so eloquent and classy. Name one person mentioned who brings more excitement than Coach O? Is he an idiot? Yes. Can he recruit and bring players in? Yes. We need excitement and recruiting buzz and more fans outside alums. Name another coach who brings that instantly? We need a big name and a sexy hire, not another middle of the road mid-major (or worse) guy.

Lembo and Dooze are ten times the coach that Orgeron is. Ed is 10-25 without USC talent. No thanks.

To recruit well at Wake, you have to win. O doesn't win on his own when programs are down.

Wow. Elon's old coach. I've never been to a Wake game before, but now that they hired Elon's old coach, I'm going to jump on THAT bandwagon.

Maybe we can get Wofford or Furman's old coach?

Who has taken BALL STATE to 19 wins over the last two seasons.

Look, I'm not picking on you specifically. I'm a Braves fan too if that makes you feel better.

My point is, I think we can get a really good coach. I think that we can do better than Coach O.

Back