• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coach [Redacted]'s 8 player class will one day be seen...

OldGoldBeard

A Sorry WR Like Crabtree
Reaction score
...and into the breach he goes.

In keeping...Ol' Lec, of course, is BUZZ - FuGGin -IN!. -- TM

Coach [Redacted]'s 8 player class will one day be seen in the same light as Kryzooski's class of Henderson, Dawkins, Alarie, Bilas and Jackman.

Dawkins was spectacular and stands above the other players from both classes...Miller-Mac is the only potential challenger to be a college elite -- although Devin may become a board menace the likes of Buck Williams as far as number crunching. I definitely see a baseline average of 13 pts and 11 boards for the big man. It will certainly help out when Green returns to join him in a bigger front court. Green is progressing nicely. He has been too aggressive in his rehab --as David Glenn has reported. He is hard working guy who just needs to hang with McClinton and get both guys completely healed before trying to do too much too fast.

Miller-Mac is the leader of the team -- along with the Jimmy Blackesque, Madison Jones. Jones is a cerebral kid out of Ravenscroft (why scouts discounted him) who has the knack for running a team,playing spot on D and finding his shooters in the right position. His athleticism, smarts and long arms are the makings for yet another excellent full court defender in Buzz's scheme.

Miller-Mac has worked really hard and has a league body. He can take the ball to the rack... has had an excellent S&C offseason... He has traded out some fat for lean and looks like he's becoming that physical go-to Guard . An excellent combo G who can slide when Jones enters to full court press and push the ball.

Rountree is the flag waver...the defenseman, stopper, all around enthused and energizing player who infuses a team. The poor man's Stacy Augmon is on par with flag wavers like M.L. Carr. He may never average more than 7 pts a game but he will nearly always have 3 steals , 2 blocks, 4 assists and 7 rebounds --- or some such stat line -- to go with it.

Moto is your Robert Brickey...Moto is built more like Rodney Rogers but does not have anything close to the scoring upside. Instead he posseses the same qualities as the Fayetteville sleeper, Brickey. Arnaud is an up tempo player who will excel in the press/trap scheme [Redacted] will employ. Moto can finish on the break, has an incredible 7'1" wingspan with hops...so, he is going to cause problems when breaking on an errant pass -- such as when 2 of your point men of the full court press have a guy behind the time-line -- more specifically I am saying " when Rountree and either of the 3 - Coron (over 100 steals at Bob Morris), Mad, or Mac get a man cornered.

Thomas is your back line...certainly Green has the attributes as well. For the beginning of the year Devin will be your backstop. He has all the qualities you like in a true Garbage player...nothing demeaning, he just has that useful awkward intensity that players from Anthony Mason to Charles Oakley possesed. Devin can make a basket out of a hot mess...he has that ability to come out of the scrum, scoop the ball and aggressively head for the rim. Outstanding young "hustle-player".

More BuZzIn Education coming soon!!

Coron Williams is a nice complement to this team...a real solid defender who can find his shot, is a leader and yet does not threaten Miller-Mac but instead augments. Good chemistry pick up by Buzzy.

Also helps to ease the frosh winger from the City of brotherly hostility, Miles Overton. The tough Philly leagues made this kid an "obvious" to show up at Temple or St. Joe's...instead he brings his top flight pedigree and long range jumper to Winston Salem. 6'4-210 -- he is already physical enough for the ACC. He will have some adjusting to do...but he will find his niche at this speed. Another kid who has "it" from the neck up.

OOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSS!

Source.

NC Scout and Ol' Lec should grab a beer sometime.

Woof.

Baby giraffe is a really....really...really ...really poor man's Stacy Augmon. And when I mean poor, I mean like as poor as you would be after 3 years in the jhmd welfare program.

the more I think about it, the more ridiculous it is that an ACC coach would give out seven scholarship for a single recruiting class.

Or any sport, really.

This is my favorite:

Rountree is the flag waver...the defenseman, stopper, all around enthused and energizing player who infuses a team. The poor man's Stacy Augmon is on par with flag wavers like M.L. Carr. He may never average more than 7 pts a game but he will nearly always have 3 steals , 2 blocks, 4 assists and 7 rebounds --- or some such stat line -- to go with it.

Stacy Augmon? In what possible universe? I'm sure he's a nice kid but this is what poses as serious analysis? With an average coach I think he'd get more minutes and could service us on the top of a 1-3-1 matchup zone. But he scored for the first time in five games tonight. That is just not going to get it done.

Hell, I don't want to beat up on our kids because I think Tree has natural talent that is getting abused by a coach I loathe. I think they could all be better under a different circumstance. Our guys would be so much better under a Skip Prosser or, dare I say it, Dino Gaudio. Swagger isn't in Bzz's lexicon.

Last edited:
This is my favorite:

Stacy Augmon? In what possible universe? I'm sure he's a nice kid but this is what poses as serious analysis? With an average coach I think he'd get more minutes and could service us on the top of a 1-3-1 matchup zone. But he scored for the first time in five games tonight. That is just not going to get it done.

Hell, I don't want to beat up on our kids because I think Tree has natural talent that is getting abused by a coach I loathe. I thing they could all be better under a different circumstance. Our guys would be so much better under a Skip Prosser or, dare I say it, Dino Gaudio. Swagger isn't in Bzz's lexicon.

Stacey Augmon's career averages at UNLV:
13.9 ppg (55.5% FG, 42.0% 3FG, and 67.7% FT), 6.9 rpg, 3.0 apg, 1.9 spg, and 0.9 bpg.

LOL

Lectro may never show up on a basketball thread again. Here's hoping.

The idea of a fucking superstar God damn ninja even averaging 3 steals and 2 blocks a game is preposterous.

Junkyard clown just throws out numbers and surrounds them with semi-intelligible gunk.

Lectro may never show up on a basketball thread again. Here's hoping.

Awful predictions over numerous years in football never stopped him from showing back up after his mid season disappearing act.

All the BzInners and Ardent BuzzOuters need to disappear after this shitshow is over. I'm sick of the dipshits who support him and also the guys who make the points that all of us know. Neither are allowed to post until we make a final four.

All the BzInners and Ardent BuzzOuters need to disappear after this shitshow is over. I'm sick of the dipshits who support him and also the guys who make the points that all of us know. Neither are allowed to post until we make a final four.

I feel the same way about the board's mall cops.

wfcar1.jpg

Agreed! Instead we should trust the silver spoon fed guys that claim inside information for 2 years that never came true, BUT MIGHT COME TRUE THIS YEAR!

OR! How about anybody can say anything they want on here? I'm good with that.

Lectro hasn't posted much about football. He isn't needed to hype up bad recruits anymore.

Back