• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coach [Redacted]'s 8 player class will one day be seen...

...being coached by someone who has actually won an NCAA tournament game.

Pardon me, but I don't think you know our present coach well enough to make a comment on this. If you did, you would know that he fits all of the above criteria EXCEPT for scintillating press conferences. And I can harken back to Coach Carl Tacy to say that he was not the greatest for pressers, but was excellent at getting the most out of what he recruited.

One on one w/ alumni, Bz is GREAT. His players love him and are working their tails off to do what he coaches them to do. He has a straight conduit to the NBA, so recruiting and relations to the players is superb. His head coaching experience is in the pros, so it is hard to have a college resume when you've spent most of your time in the pros.

You bump him on age, but if you want all the experience and knowledge and know-how, you are gonna have someone w/ some age on them. I am not ready to go jump on this year's Flavor Of the Month coach and throw away all the progress to date.

I think most people are judging Bz by his pressers. OK, he is not Skip Prosser when it comes to them, and no one else is either. But he brings a wealth of information, basketball smarts, how to build a team around what he has to work with, and a conduit to the pros. If you ask the players, I bet every one of them would bet their life on Bz and would want to continue to play for him.

For the most part, the players who left had character issues that I know deep in your heart you do not want as Wake Forest role models. All of the ones who left were not initially recruited by Bz, as was said by others.

I know it is cool and sexy to want the latest hot shot coach to "bring zing" to a program. But Bz has not been given a chance to develop anything. He's been handcuffed by character issues (read "thug" by most of the other ACC programs) his first two years, not to mention injuries, and just a lack of scholarship talent bodies to run out on the floor. I am hoping (as I am sure many of you are) that w/ his own players AND a full cadre of scholarship bodies, that next year will be a vast improvement from this year. And I will say that THIS year was a VAST improvement from last year.

He has almost everything on your list, and then some. Ya just gotta spend some time talking w/ the guy one-on-one and realize that he has so much to offer this program that we are lucky to have him.

OOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Dunce-n-cunts: your one-stop Triad source for trash hauling and teeth straightening.

Braces and Pala should finally migrate to this board.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Braces and Pala should finally migrate to this board.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I don't know either one outside of this board, but pala seems reasonable and just more polite than many on here. I don't think of her as one of the enablers.

Where have the lectro apologists gone?

Wow, that vaunted WF education at work.

What a bunch of fucking pudding pants pablum pukers.

I've been out near ten years and I've never heard one original idea from any of you pantomimes.

Consider the lilies of the field...you weak fuggin florists.

"fucking pudding pants pablum pukers" is pretty damn good, Lec. Your basketball evaluation and just general basketball knowledge though, woof.

Stacey Augmon's career averages at UNLV:
13.9 ppg (55.5% FG, 42.0% 3FG, and 67.7% FT), 6.9 rpg, 3.0 apg, 1.9 spg, and 0.9 bpg.

LOL

And those stats don't do near the justice to the kind of defender he was. He shut everyone down. One of the best defenders of his generation.

Back