• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coaching Carousel '12-'13: Petrino to WKU

Didn't he supposedly turn down the position?

Former Carolina Panther Mike Minter named head coach at Campbell.

http://www.libertyflames.com/index.cfm?PID=10869&NewsID=9903&TeamID=

10163311.jpg

Auburn may have contacted Jimbo Fisher according to the radio show i'm listening to.

Auburn may have contacted Jimbo Fisher according to the radio show i'm listening to.

If I'm Fisher I'd have no interest in leaving FSU to go to an SEC school. He does appear to have FSU back on the rise and how much easier would it be to go undefeated in the ACC at FSU, then it would to go undefeated in the SEC at Auburn???

You really think Jimbo has that program on the rise? He is in year three; he has a team filled with five star recruits; he manages to shit the bed against Moo U. How does this equal team on the rise? Good God he should absolutely jump ship for big bucks before people realize he sucks.

If I'm Fisher I'd have no interest in leaving FSU to go to an SEC school. He does appear to have FSU back on the rise and how much easier would it be to go undefeated in the ACC at FSU, then it would to go undefeated in the SEC at Auburn???

He won't be a HC in 3 years if takes the AU job.

Looks like State is looking at Morris and maybe Pete Lembo.

State fans will lose it if they hire Lembo. Debbie Yow may hit a homerun, but I wouldn't put it past her to complete botch this thing like she almost did the bball search until she lucked up in the 11th hour.

State fans will lose it if they hire Lembo. Debbie Yow may hit a homerun, but I wouldn't put it past her to complete botch this thing like she almost did the bball search until she lucked up in the 11th hour.

Why would a major conference team be trying to hire Pete Lembo right now? He hasn't done anything yet.

Coaching ticker update: http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker.html

Tulsa: AD Ross Parmley has been placed on administrative leave.

Virginia: Sources have informed me that Virginia has dismissed running backs coach Mike Farragalli.

Georgia State: Sources tell me Georgia State has had discussions with Sam Houston State head coach Willie Fritz about its head coaching vacancy.

Montreal Aloutettes: Defensive coordinator / defensive backs coach Jeff Reinebold has been dismissed.

Colorado: Colorado School of Mines head coach Bob Stitt is not being considered for the Colorado job, according to the Denver Post. Don't be surprised if Navy head coach Ken Niumatalolo enters the mix. Sources tell me Niumatalolo has interest in the job. We're still gathering information on the Colorado candidates and will have more in the next 24-48 hours.

Kentucky: Kentucky Sports Radio is reporting that Florida State defensive coordinator Mark Stoops will be named head coach at Kentucky.

Catawba College (N.C.): Sources have informed me that Western Carolina defensive coordinator / linebackers coach Curtis Walker has just accepted the head coaching job at Catawba College. Walker is a Catawba alumnus.

Southern Miss: Ellis Johnson will not return for 2013. The Golden Eagles went 0-12 in his only season. On Sunday, I reported the school was prepared to contact North Carolina offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach Blake Anderson if a move was made with Johnson.

Big East: Tulane will join the conference in all sports beginning in 2014, while East Carolina will join for football-only.

Colorado: AD Mike Bohn has stated that he wants the players to be a part of the coaching search process. Here's our story.

Blinn College (JC - TX): Blinn College in Brenham, TX is seeking applicants for a Defensive Line or Linebacker coach. This is a full time benefited position. This position will include a competitive salary. The Defensive Line / Linebacker coach will be responsible for developing players in practice, running position meetings and involved in game planning. The Defensive Line / Linebacker coach will also be involved in all aspects of recruiting - including having a recruiting area, making phone calls and being on the road. Other duties include film breakdown, film exchange and practice organization. Applicants must have a bachelor's degree. No phone calls. Fax cover letter and resumes to Mike Mutz at 979-337-6710 or email to mike.mutz@blinn.edu or Head Football Coach Ronny Feldman at ronny.feldman@blinn.edu

UAB: Sources informed me early this morning that UAB wide receivers coach Ron Sigler has been dismissed from the staff. Don't expect Garrick McGee to move quickly on naming a replacement. A source tells me that if Bobby Petrino lands the Auburn job, McGee could entertain an offer to join Petrino's staff a coordinator. It would seem odd for a coach to leave a head coaching job for a coordinator position, but Auburn paid its coordinators handsomely this year. Defensive coordinator Brian VanGorder earned $850,000, while offensive coordinator Scot Loeffler was paid $500,000. Both coaches were on 2-year contracts. UAB finished 3-8 this season during McGee's first year as head coach. At UAB, he earns $550,000 annually. The move seems unlikely, but could come down to whether McGee truly believes he can turn around the program at UAB.

Notice that Virginia has wasted no time in dumping one of its assistants. Wish we would do the same here at WFU.

I think if Jimbo had already made a decision to leave for Auburn, Stoops would be staying at FSU to take over. Jimbo denied interest in Auburn and said he was happy at FSU yesterday morning when pressed and I know that really means nothing in the world of coaching but I can't see him leaving for any job right now with the health of his youngest son, Ethan in question not to mention the foundation him and his wife have stood up in Tallahassee via FSU toward Fanconi Anemia. Who knows though? I like Jimbo and hope he stays but It wouldn't be the end of the world just like Coach Stoops leaving isn't the end of the world.

I think if Jimbo had already made a decision to leave for Auburn, Stoops would be staying at FSU to take over. Jimbo denied interest in Auburn and said he was happy at FSU yesterday morning when pressed and I know that really means nothing in the world of coaching but I can't see him leaving for any job right now with the health of his youngest son, Ethan in question not to mention the foundation him and his wife have stood up in Tallahassee via FSU toward Fanconi Anemia. Who knows though? I like Jimbo and hope he stays but It wouldn't be the end of the world just like Coach Stoops leaving isn't the end of the world.

Yeah, I sincerely doubt that Jimbo would leave, I just thought it was interesting that Auburn aiming that high.

Arkansas apparently offering Les Miles 5yr/27mil. Yeah...can't see Les leaving LSU to go to Arkansas, though it may get him a raise.

Does anyone find it interesting that not one school has expressed any interest in Dabo Swinney over at Clemson? I'm not saying he is a good coach (in fact far from it), but he's won 20 games in the last 2 years and makes a measley $1.9 mil a year. Does everyone know Chad Morris and a weak ACC is the secret to his success?

I'm honestly surprised more programs haven't given the Dabo model a try. He's an ace recruiter and he reinvests raises into staff to make up where he falls short. I wonder what Dabo could do at a place like Tennessee or Arkansas, if we are looking at current openings. He is great at convincing mom that her son is in good hands. I'd like to see his recruiting ability at a place like Tennessee. Then he can have Chavis on one side, and someone like Chad Morris on the other to do the heavy lifting in the X and O category. Would be interesting.

I mentioned it in another thread, that model is one I could see Wake succeeding with when Grobe finally hangs it up. Good a good recruiter with ties to Florida and surround him with great coordinators.

Back