• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coaching Carousel '12-'13: Petrino to WKU

WT901

Reaction score
Its about that time.

Tommy at Woof U just got booted. The biggest names I think will be packing are Dooley, Chizick, and possibly Lane Kiffin.

EDIT: Just realized there's another thread about TOB.

Edit from Stonz: Here's a quality link

Last edited by a moderator:
Dooley is already packing. Don't know if he coached yesterday or not, but he's gone.

Phillips (Kentucky) and Tedford (Cal) have also been let go I believe.

So you have to wonder if Franklin is ready to leave Vanderbilt yet. Not for NC State, but for somewhere else.

So you have to wonder if Franklin is ready to leave Vanderbilt yet. Not for NC State, but for somewhere else.

After what he's done, I'd think he's staying. Will probably look for a pay raise and keep bringing solid recruits in. Vandy is a VERY attractive spot for recruits I'd imagine... great degree, Nashville is awesome, and SEC play. Not to mention, Vandy did very well this year and is showing no signs of stopping.

Arkansas is open too. Not sure any of those jobs would be worth it for someone like Franklin. Maybe USC or Auburn? Probably two best jobs out there. The chizik era remains an interesting one. HE came in with all the fanfare of bzzzz, managed to pay cam newton's dad enough $$ to win a NC, and then two years later he's thrown out the door with the trash in a completely non-controversial firing.

Not surprising, but it's all over Twitter that Chizik is out at Auburn. Players to be told at mandatory meeting starting now (1 PM central time) with a press conference to follow this afternoon.

Guessing:

Strong to Arkansas
Petrino to UK
Malzahn to Auburn
Morris to State
Franklin stays at Vandy

^ Sounds about right. You might go 5 for 5. Petrino at UK would be interesting. Total circus there with Calipari too.

Strong to Ark
Petrino to Auburn
Morris to NCSU
Dykes to UK

^ Sounds about right. You might go 5 for 5. Petrino at UK would be interesting. Total circus there with Calipari too.

I don't see anyone picking up Petrino. He's left too many messes or leaves quickly everywhere he's been.

The reason I don't call Petrino to UK is because both KSR and ESPN insider didn't really act like it was a viable choice.

Why is the sun rising on NC$U? This is going to make me sick if they suddenly become something closer to dominant in both sports.

I don't see anyone picking up Petrino. He's left too many messes or leaves quickly everywhere he's been.

True. UK is the worst of all his stops thus far, football-wise. So imagine how quickly he'd bolt as soon as he got that program going again.

Damn Chizik raking in $2.5MM per year through 2015 as part of the firing. Id take that.

If State leaves the ACC, they lose games against UNC and Duke and become the SEC's doormat.

Back