• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coaching Carousel '12-'13: Petrino to WKU

Not sure which job I'd want less, State or UK. I guess I'd take the State job since I would have a better chance at nominal success.

Lol for real. We'd be screwed. Leach would straight smack us

Debbie pines for the days of prohibition and is a religious zealot who will only hire "good Christians". And I'm supposed to believe she wants to hire a drunk Mormon?

Leach isn't going to leave Wassu after one year. I would imagine the buy-out would be quite large. Is State going to pony-up like that?

Debbie Yow has monumental balls. Meanwhile, Ron Wellman tucks his pecker between his legs and applies makeup in his executive powder room. This probably appeals to the hoards of girlyman democraps around here, but we need a John Wayne AD with giant fucking balls to clean house. Enough with the country club decorum! SHITCAN EVERYBODY!!!

Pete Roussel ‏@coachingsearch
Breaking: Sources have informed me that Frank Spaziani is out as the Boston College head coach.

I would give my left nut to have Kliff Kingsbury as our new head coach

why would he come to wake? he is the opposite of the conservative grumpy old man coaches wellman loves to hire.

Oh he's not coming, but I fucking love that dude. I haven't had a bro crush like this since I saw Gosling in Crazy, Stupid, Love.

I'm right there with Brasky. He's awesome. And he's a great coach.

CoachingSearch throws out some possible BC candidates:

Danny Rocco (Richmond - head coach): In his first season as the Richmond head coach, Rocco led the Spiders to an 8-3 record while claiming the Colonial Athletic Association championship. He previously served as the head coach at Liberty, where he led the program to six consecutive winning seasons and four Big South Conference championships. Rocco is a former Boston College defensive line coach under Tom Coughlin from 1991-1993.

Sean McDonnell (New Hampshire - head coach): Sean McDonnell is 88-55 in twelve seasons at the New Hampshire head coach. In the last three seasons, McDonnell has led his program to 28-11 record. He was the 2005 Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year and three-time New England Coach of the Year (2005, 2008, 2010). McDonnell served as a grad assistant at Boston College in 1988. He served on the Boston University staff from 1985-87.

Mike Sherman (Miami Dolphins - offensive coordinator): Sherman is in the first season as the Miami Dolphins offensive coordinator after four seasons as the head coach at Texas A&M. Sherman (57) is from Norwood, Massachusetts. His parents live in Cape Cod.

Darrell Hazell (Kent State - head coach): In his second season as the Kent State head coach, Hazell has led the program to an 11-1 record. Kent State will play Northern Illinois on Friday night in the MAC championship. During his career, Hazell has coached at Oberlin, Eastern Illinois, Penn, Western Michigan, Army, West Virginia, Rutgers, and Ohio State. The last minority head coach (major sport) Boston College hired was basketball coach Al Skinner.

Houston Nutt (former Arkansas and Ole Miss head coach): On the surface, it seems like a stretch because Nutt has not coached in the northeast region, but don't be surprised if he enters the mix. Nutt (55) is a three-time SEC Coach of the Year.

Pat Narduzzi (Michigan State - defensive coordinator): Narduzzi (46) has done a terrific job as the defensive coordinator at Michigan State. He is originally from New Haven, CT. Narduzzi once coached at Rhode Island from 1993-1999.

Also, random question about coaching searches and Wake Forest...

Does Wellman make all of his hiring decisions in house, or does he use a coaching search service? I've always understood most big athletic departments out there to use various search firms, but I seem to remember someone saying Wake Forest doesn't pay for that.

Back