• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coaching Carousel '12-'13: Petrino to WKU

http://www.gohogs.com/

Chris Peterson of Boise State to Arkansas? :eek:

Gohogs.com is reporting that Chris Petersen of Boise State will be announced as the new head football coach at the University of Arkansas. Gohogs.com sources close to the coaching search are talking more freely about the Petersen hire with the announced dismissal early Saturday of interim Arkansas head coach John L. Smith. Petersen reportedly will be named as the new Head Hog soon, joining the Arkansas program immediately, missing the Broncos bowl game.

I hope everyone milked every ounce of enjoyment they could out of the 2006 season, because it earned Grobe "Coach for life" status, I fear. I recommend you all start dry cleaning your bowl t-shirts because they'll last longer that way.

http://www.gohogs.com/

Chris Peterson of Boise State to Arkansas? :eek:

Gohogs.com is reporting that Chris Petersen of Boise State will be announced as the new head football coach at the University of Arkansas. Gohogs.com sources close to the coaching search are talking more freely about the Petersen hire with the announced dismissal early Saturday of interim Arkansas head coach John L. Smith. Petersen reportedly will be named as the new Head Hog soon, joining the Arkansas program immediately, missing the Broncos bowl game.

wow

Ronnie is a one man search committee. Only positive from that is no media leaks.

Arkansas must be opening its piggybank for Peterson.

Really surprised Peterson would bolt for Arkansas considering they he could probably have almost any Pac-12 job if he's patient enough. For example, you've got to figure both Kelly and Kiffin only have a few more seasons at most at their respective schools; Kelly because of the NFL, Kiffin because of his own incompetence.

Kiffin has to be gone after yesterday. What a colossal mess of a game. Calling that timeout in the middle of the snap that would have been a touchdown. Three failed goal line runs in a row.

ND got lucky last night. Jim Grobe probably could have pulled that one out...

Kiffin has to be gone after yesterday. What a colossal mess of a game. Calling that timeout in the middle of the snap that would have been a touchdown. Three failed goal line runs in a row.

ND got lucky last night. Jim Grobe probably could have pulled that one out...
Yea. Kiffin recruits like a bawse, but then again he should; USC pretty much sells itself. I'm not convinced there aren't dozens and dozens of coaches who could recruit well to USC. Given Kiffin's complete and utter incompetence on game days, I definitely think USC can (and should) do a hell of a lot better than Lane Kiffin.

what a random consulting gig..... head coach searching service. seems like a stupid thing to pay for.

Also, random question about coaching searches and Wake Forest...

Does Wellman make all of his hiring decisions in house, or does he use a coaching search service? I've always understood most big athletic departments out there to use various search firms, but I seem to remember someone saying Wake Forest doesn't pay for that.

He uses ask.com

The Leach rumors have been confirmed as just that, a rumor. No idea where Debbie is going to go with this hire but I dont like needing a coach when we are probably going to be the 5th or 6th best opening at best. Got a feeling we are going to have a hire that is quite underwhelming. But thus is being a NCSU fan. You can put money that it will be a young, energetic coach who will recruit his balls off though. Morris is probably a good bet and I don't really know how i feel about that. I'd rather hire a more defensive minded guy honestly.

@edsbs
Early names I just heard being thrown around for the Auburn job are weird, and definitely not Petrino

what a random consulting gig..... head coach searching service. seems like a stupid thing to pay for.

Yea, seems like they're usually comprised of former coaches/athletic administrators who basically devote their entire time to networking and knowing the coaching talent that's out there.

Most of the big boys pay for this stuff. Auburn announced today that they'll be using a search service.

The Leach rumors have been confirmed as just that, a rumor. No idea where Debbie is going to go with this hire but I dont like needing a coach when we are probably going to be the 5th or 6th best opening at best. Got a feeling we are going to have a hire that is quite underwhelming. But thus is being a NCSU fan. You can put money that it will be a young, energetic coach who will recruit his balls off though. Morris is probably a good bet and I don't really know how i feel about that. I'd rather hire a more defensive minded guy honestly.

In the ACC? You just need a high octane offense to win. This ain't the SEC.

Lane's not going anywhere. USC loves his sleezy ass.

This couldn't be farther from the truth. I watched the game with a USC family yesterday, including two alums and a donor and they were talking shit about him all night. One of them damn near had a heart attack when he called the timeout while Winnik was winding up. I didn't have a dog in that fight, but it really must suck to watch a good team coached into oblivion.

Back