• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coaching Search Digest *Welcome Coach Manning!**

Wisconsin is a mediocre job. Get a fucking grip.

I love Wake fans deriding other power conference schools that have been to the Final Four in the past 10 years as "inferior jobs" when we haven't been to one for over 50 years. Fucking delusional.

Wiscy is one of the best jobs in the B1G, and that's saying something.

Texas is probably a Top 10 job. Illinois vs. Wake is debatable.

Syracuse named their Coach in Waiting several years ago. I actually broke it on the Old Board about 7-10 days before it went public.

Texas is OK, but before Barnes got there is floundering. We're on par with them in basketball.

Our job is better than MD in the Big 10.

Our job is better than IL.

Pitino will likely be there 5 years or more. If Massiello gets his degree he's a likely successor. Pitino's son will be seriously considered.

Here.

I mean, look who said it. That tells you all you really need to know.

I love Wake fans deriding other power conference schools that have been to the Final Four in the past 10 years as "inferior jobs" when we haven't been to one for over 50 years. Fucking delusional.

Yep. That much hasn't changed in the last 25 years. We have, what, one Elite 8, and a couple of conference championships. And, none in the last 15 years.

Over the past five years, Illinois has been in ESPN's top-25 recruit rankings four times. Wake Forest has been in the top-25 twice over the same timespan.

[Redacted] is an aberration. To link it to what kind of job Wake is ludicrous.

During the twenty year prior to [Redacted], Wake made The Dance 14 times. We were ranked #1 twice. We were in the Top 10 more than half a dozen times. We were a Top 4 seed about six times.

IL had the same number of appearances.

As of today there are two players from IL in the NBA. There are six from Wake.

[Redacted] is an aberration. To link it to what kind of job Wake is ludicrous.

During the twenty year prior to [Redacted], Wake made The Dance 14 times. We were ranked #1 twice. We were in the Top 10 more than half a dozen times. We were a Top 4 seed about six times.

IL had the same number of appearances.

As of today there are two players from IL in the NBA. There are six from Wake.

How many times/weeks was UI ranked number one?

Is there even a job hierarchy anymore? Buzz Williams just left Marquette to go to VT. Shaka has turned down a ton of programs considered to be better jobs than VCU, including UCLA. Other coaches turned them down, too. It seems like most openings don't get their first choice nowadays.

Is there even a job hierarchy anymore? Buzz Williams just left Marquette to go to VT. Shaka has turned down a ton of programs considered to be better jobs than VCU, including UCLA. Other coaches turned them down, too. It seems like most openings don't get their first choice nowadays.

Quick note because I've seen it posted a lot: I'm not sure that Shaka turned down UCLA.

http://www.bruinsnation.com/ucla_basketball_coaching_search/2013/3/29/4159704/coaching-search-notes-stevens-making-inroads-and-debunking-smart/in/3924803
http://www.bruinsnation.com/ucla_basketball_coaching_search/2013/3/27/4154890/smart-is-staying-with-vcu-did-ucla-actually-make-an-offer
http://www.bruinsnation.com/ucla_basketball_coaching_search/2013/3/29/4162950/why-didnt-ucla-put-on-a-full-court-press-for-shaka-smart

Which asshole is censoring my posts?

Posts that name me aren't censored.

Back