• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coaching Search Digest *Welcome Coach Manning!**

Between him and cookout things have been real icy from the braintrust today. LK is winning this coaching search, IMO.

I'll throw my name into the hat too. Please try to keep this thread on topic or I'm going to start moving your posts into the other thread where they belong. Some people don't have hours to read through that thread and want a quick synopsis with mature comments.

Isn't the point that people read OGB's first post, which he updates? :rulz:

This thread should definitely be locked. I just want updates.....and Palma banned, are we gonna do that or not?

Bote for OGB. Fake cop.

(Non-mafia people please ignore)

I want someone else to volunteer to do it since I won't have time until the summer, but we absolutely need a He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named mafia game.

I seem to recall we had one a while back where Ron Wellman was a role, but now that there is a well-defined cast of bad guys - HE himself, Bilas, Wake's AD, Ron Wellman (AT LEAST FOR A COUPLE DAYS *SPOILER*) we absolutely need one.

/endofmafiatalk/

Thursday morning update: Last night, several posters, including Turd Ferguson and Ph, said that they'd heard that things were going well. The consensus seems to be that we've made a major push for Shaka, and he is, at the very least, listening. Knowing WF, that means we're in for devastating heartbreak in the near future, but think happy thoughts until then.

Also, I've got to attend a court luncheon today in Columbia, so will most likely be unable to update this thread between about 10:30 and 2:30. One of the mods can update if something significant happens in that timeframe.

Thursday morning update: Last night, several posters, including Turd Ferguson and Ph, said that they'd heard that things were going well. The consensus seems to be that we've made a major push for Shaka, and he is, at the very least, listening. Knowing WF, that means we're in for devastating heartbreak in the near future, but think happy thoughts until then.

Also, I've got to attend a court luncheon today in Columbia, so will most likely be unable to update this thread between about 10:30 and 2:30. One of the mods can update if something significant happens in that timeframe.

#courtluncheonOUT

I'm hearing Howland, but it's nothing more than scuttlebutt. All the Shaka afficianados please continue.

Well, we may not get him and that would be disappointing, but it's good to hear it sounds like we are doing what we can to try to get him.

Come on, you can call it what it is....a meeting with your probation officer...

Need positive news soon!

BTW, where is Bobby Lutz?

Never mind, I understand that he is a prime candidate for the App. State job. See while we wait all the good ones are getting away.

Why does part of my LOWF mentality think Smart will accept the job and then right before the press conference pull a Bobby Cremins?

Why does part of my LOWF mentality think Smart will accept the job and then right before the press conference pull a Bobby Cremins?

From an email I sent to a friend on Tuesday afternoon: Shaka would be amazing. Even if we get him, I would probably wait 2 weeks to celebrate as I would be scared he would pull a Bobby Cremins to South Carolina on us.

3/27/14 9:07 am.: Last night, several posters, including Turd Ferguson and Ph, said that they'd heard that things were going well. The consensus seems to be that we've made a major push for Shaka, and he is, at the very least, listening. Knowing WF, that means we're in for devastating heartbreak in the near future, but think happy thoughts until then.

ROFL. I just love this quote. SO F'N True!!!. Let's break this insanity pattern and do something different for a change. SHAKA!!!!

Seems unlikely we would go to the point of presenting a "formal contract offer" unless he had given us some level of assurance that it would be seriously considered. (Of course he could be using us to bump his VCU compensation)

Back