• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coaching Search Digest *Welcome Coach Manning!**

Went to google to see who some of the leading candidates are....Blogger So Dear has a nice round table discussion..

Who is your dream candidate? Shaka
Who is the best realistic candidate? Shaka
Who does Wake get? Shaka

Good discussion gents....

And "Shayn" better be a chick.....

Went to google to see who some of the leading candidates are....Blogger So Dear has a nice round table discussion..

Who is your dream candidate? Shaka
Who is the best realistic candidate? Shaka
Who does Wake get? Shaka

Good discussion gents....

And "Shayn" better be a chick.....

I take that to mean Jay Wright is our next coach.

LOL, now that was funny... Come on dude, he is coaching the hell out of them dayton boys... He would be a good recruiter and he has worked with several big name coaches. His big bro is doing very well also. At this point, I figure we end up with Mack.. I guess Dirk you would want Mack over Miller?

LOL, now that was funny... Come on dude, he is coaching the hell out of them dayton boys... He would be a good recruiter and he has worked with several big name coaches. His big bro is doing very well also. At this point, I figure we end up with Mack.. I guess Dirk you would want Mack over Miller?

If I have a choice between Mack and Miller I'm going to watch professional bowling.

LOL!!!!!! Shit man, I'm off to bed... Maybe we'll hire someone we can all live with by tomorrow.. Tubby Smith ..... LOL, later..

If I have a choice between Mack and Miller I'm going to watch professional bowling.

I hadn't seen Dayton this year prior to the NCAAT. After reading more about him, watching them in the Dance and looking at pics of his wife, I'm much higher on Miller than I was at 1st. I now have him at the top of tier 2 over White, Manning and Howland in that order. If we don't land Smart, I'd be thrilled with Miller. Wouldn't have said that 2 weeks ago.

As for Shaka, it makes sense that he won't go to Marquette, even though he's from there. While their hoops history at least if not more than matches ours, the Big East is dead. If Wisconsin were open, he might jump at that. But if he's gonna leave VCU, it's going to be for a big boy conference, not a conference that is on par with the A-10.

Last edited:
cville deac;1696966: I hadn't seen Dayton this year prior to the NCAAT. After reading more about him, watching them in the Dance and looking at pics of his wife, I'm much higher on Miller than I was at 1st. I now have him at the top of tier 2 over White, Manning and Howland in that order. If we don't land Smart, I'd be thrilled with Miller. Wouldn't have said that 2 weeks ago.

Same here. I'm thinking Archie is a solid branch on the same coaching tree as Sean, who has done a great job. I would have to really, really work to purge my mind of memories of Archie playing point at State with Sean coaching from Herb's bench. I did not like him then. I'm trying to say, though, that he's grown up and is ready to correct his mistake by coming to Wake. That is, IF Shaka doesn't come -- which I am hoping and praying happens. Please, please, please!!!

I hadn't seen Dayton this year prior to the NCAAT. After reading more about him, watching them in the Dance and looking at pics of his wife, I'm much higher on Miller than I was at 1st. I now have him at the top of tier 2 over White, Manning and Howland in that order. If we don't land Smart, I'd be thrilled with Miller. Wouldn't have said that 2 weeks ago.

As for Shaka, it makes sense that he won't go to Marquette, even though he's from there. While their hoops history at least if not more than matches ours, the Big East is dead. If Wisconsin were open, he might jump at that. But if he's gonna leave VCU, it's going to be for a big boy conference, not a conference that is on par with the A-10.

I posted the same on the 250 something page thread and got blasted by some moron.
All my VCU contacts tell me that is his dream job. As I said there, the question is where does he hang until Bo decides to go?

ETA: Archie is starting to look a whole lot better to me as well.

Last edited:
I posted the same on the 250 something page thread and got blasted by some moron.
All my VCU contacts tell me that is his dream job. As I said there, the question is where does he hang until Bo decides to go?

ETA: Archie is starting to look a whole lot better to me as well.

Yeah, Sconsin makes sense for him. If we do get Shaka, I'd hate to lose him to them in 5-8 years. And 1 of the other reasons I'd like to get Miller is so that State doesn't get him in a few years.

Anyone else out there see Gregg Marshall to UNC in 2 years becoming more obvious by the minute?

As much as I've enjoyed watching Dayton, I kind of hope they lose Saturday. My preference would be for them to beat FL but if Archie is going to be the guy, which would be fine with me, I'd rather lock him up and get him in here.

I am not up to speed on Miller, but on the broadcast they said Miller was signed Tuesday to a long term deal with Dayton. How would he ever be able to get out of that a week or two later

I am not up to speed on Miller, but on the broadcast they said Miller was signed Tuesday to a long term deal with Dayton. How would he ever be able to get out of that a week or two later

$$$$

As I understand it, it was announced Tuesday. Signed in February.

Back