• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Codi and Aaron at CP3 Camp

Hopefully CMM can do well at the NBA camp this weekend and Rountree will do well at the KD and LBJ camps in the next couple of weeks.

Codi Miller-McIntyre (Concord, N.C./ First Assembly Christian)
2012, PG, 6-2, 170 pounds
College: Wake Forest
He understands how to get open and use his touch to score by cutting off screens. Miller-McIntyre has the 3-point shot to stretch a defense, but his strength is finishing at the rim. He is more of a scorer than a point guard now but is comfortable with the ball in his hands and has an improved basketball IQ to convert to PG. He can also defend both guard spots well

:likebutton

Yeah, some defense would be nice. I'm encouraged by the 3 guys in the 2012 class from everything I'm hearing. Don't sound like all-ACC types but do sound like they can be solid contributors.

good news although it's a bit painful reading the tyler lewis write-up in that article too...

That ship has sailed, I agree with you, but I think we need to move on.

oh yeah, i know...i just have a bad feeling that tyler is gonna "terrell mcintyre" us in the years to come.

College players were also brought in to develop their skills and compete as they did the same drills as the high school kids. Will Barton won the college one-on-one competition on Sunday. Paul played him and Dillard in one-on-one battles, guess who won?

:D

Yeah, some defense would be nice. I'm encouraged by the 3 guys in the 2012 class from everything I'm hearing. Don't sound like all-ACC types but do sound like they can be solid contributors.

CMM is going to be one of the top 10 PGs in the country in the class of 2012. While it is a down pg class I fully expect him to be pushing for All-ACC befor he leaves WF

Codi Miller-McIntyre (Concord, N.C./ First Assembly Christian)
2012, PG, 6-2, 170 pounds
College: Wake Forest
He understands how to get open and use his touch to score by cutting off screens. Miller-McIntyre has the 3-point shot to stretch a defense, but his strength is finishing at the rim. He is more of a scorer than a point guard now but is comfortable with the ball in his hands and has an improved basketball IQ to convert to PG. He can also defend both guard spots well

:likebutton

Not to be too negative, but it seems like we've had a string of guys like this. I guess the jury's still out on most of them, but I'm a bit worried.

CMM is going to be one of the top 10 PGs in the country in the class of 2012. While it is a down pg class I fully expect him to be pushing for All-ACC befor he leaves WF

The hype has certainly been there. I like what I've seen, but IRL is so much different than our expectations.

oh yeah, i know...i just have a bad feeling that tyler is gonna "terrell mcintyre" us in the years to come.

All these years later, I still cry a little inside when see his name. He would have been perfect for us. Still one of my favorite non-Wake ACC players.

Nice write-up about CMM, but even looking at the info and the clips from the most positive lens, he seems like solid players we've had before who really needed to be surrounded by stronger talents for the team to be NCAA caliber. Even if he's on the level of Taron, O'Kelley, or Rutland in terms of combo guards, we've got to get a major stud in 2013 or somebody from 2011 or 2012 is going to have to tear it up.

From what we know about 2012, it compares somewhat to the Taron/Levy/Vytas class in terms of position, players attributes, and what we know about their abilities. Reliable combo, skinny wing with unreliable shot but x-factor type abilities, athletic big. Major glue class. If you think of our best two teams under Prosser as pyramids, you had Howard and CP on top, JGray and Big E under them and Taron/Levy/Vytas next. The 2012 class could be very key to getting back on top if we get the next two pieces of the pyramid with through the development of our current freshmen and some surprises in the 2011 class.

Last edited:
All these years later, I still cry a little inside when see his name. He would have been perfect for us. Still one of my favorite non-Wake ACC players.

Nice write-up about CMM, but even looking at the info and the clips from the most positive lens, he seems like solid players we've had before who really needed to be surrounded by stronger talents for the team to be NCAA caliber. Even if he's on the level of Taron, O'Kelley, or Rutland in terms of combo guards, we've got to get a major stud in 2013 or somebody from 2011 or 2012 is going to have to tear it up.

From what we know about 2012, it compares somewhat to the Taron/Levy/Vytas class in terms of position, players attributes, and what we know about their abilities. Reliable combo, skinny wing with unreliable shot but x-factor type abilities, athletic big. Major glue class. If you think of our best two teams under Prosser as pyramids, you had Howard and CP on top, JGray and Big E under them and Taron/Levy/Vytas next. The 2012 class could be very key to getting back on top if we get the next two pieces of the pyramid with through the development of our current freshmen and some surprises in the 2011 class.

Good write up Ph, and I agree about the class. That said, I believe that CMM has the natural talent, that if he puts it all together, can surpass the contributions of Taron/Levy/Vytas, and be more on the level of a Gray. Hope so anyway. Really have been impressed with his shot and his defense.

Gray was All-ACC 1st team once and 2nd team twice. People overlook how good he was because he was overshadowed by CP3 and because the team his senior year was so dismal. In the last 30 years, the only other players to do that are Howard, Duncan, Rogers, and Childress.

Not to mention Gray was All-Frosh despite missing half the ACC season. And I think people forget that Gray was pretty highly touted coming out of HS and was a big get.

tau, you yourself said, "While it is a down pg class I fully expect him to be pushing for All-ACC before he leaves WF". That puts him on the level of Taron/O'Kelley/Rutland.

Taron probably would have been an All-ACC performer as a senior if he wasn't playing behind an All-ACC backcourt in Paul and Gray.

O'Kelley was HM as a frosh (and ROY) and 2nd team as a sophomore.

Rutland was 3rd team as a junior.

If CMM gets to that level, that's definitely good.

Not to mention Gray was All-Frosh despite missing half the ACC season. And I think people forget that Gray was pretty highly touted coming out of HS and was a big get.

tau, you yourself said, "While it is a down pg class I fully expect him to be pushing for All-ACC before he leaves WF". That puts him on the level of Taron/O'Kelley/Rutland.

Taron probably would have been an All-ACC performer as a senior if he wasn't playing behind an All-ACC backcourt in Paul and Gray.

O'Kelley was HM as a frosh (and ROY) and 2nd team as a sophomore.

Rutland was 3rd team as a junior.

If CMM gets to that level, that's definitely good.

It will be good for him. What is unclear is whether that will be good enough for Wake to be a tourney team.

I think that CMM appears to be the best player that Coach [Redacted] has recruited to Wake (unless you consider the 2010 class to be guys he recruited, in which case the honor goes to McKie). Unfortunately, I'm not sure that Wake can be a good to great team unless CMM is the 3-4th best player on the team.

It will be good for him. What is unclear is whether that will be good enough for Wake to be a tourney team.

I think that CMM appears to be the best player that Coach [Redacted] has recruited to Wake (unless you consider the 2010 class to be guys he recruited, in which case the honor goes to McKie). Unfortunately, I'm not sure that Wake can be a good to great team unless CMM is the 3-4th best player on the team.

Exactly

Back