• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Codi and Aaron at CP3 Camp

Yeah. We can talk about the future all we want, but even after a horrible season, I think McKie and JTT have much potential to be the stars we need over the next 3 years than our 2011 or 2012 classes.

Yeah. We can talk about the future all we want, but even after a horrible season, I think McKie and JTT have much potential to be the stars we need over the next 3 years than our 2011 or 2012 classes.

Agree completely with everything you have said. Guess my young age leads me to forget how good Gray was pre-CP3. If CMM duplicates O'kellys or Tarons offensive abilities by his senior year we will have a steal as I believe his defense will be ahead of those two. My brother has seen him live a few times, and while no expert, had fantastic reviews.

Personally im just hoping Bzz can stabilize the program and quite the rash of transfers we have had in the past years, best way to do this is to have a better "hit" rate with our recruits.

I don't care as much about transfers. Some guys just don't live up to their billing and lose out on playing time. If a guy would rather play at a lesser school than ride our pine, I don't care if he transfers. Then you have the Woods case - certainly an understandable transfer. The transfers I don't like to see are 1s where guys can't hack it academically at Wake, and I can't recall too many of those transfer types.

As for CMM, his descriptions here remind me most of Delaney Rudd. I'd certainly be happy with that level of production.

Also agree with Ph that McKie and JTT have the best star potential of all these kids. It'll be interesting to see whether JTT can harness his game enough to achieve at a star level.

I don't care as much about transfers. Some guys just don't live up to their billing and lose out on playing time. If a guy would rather play at a lesser school than ride our pine, I don't care if he transfers.

I don't want us to have "misses" like this on the recruiting trail. Having solid guys who mature for four years and are able to play valuable minutes as upperclassmen are the core of your team that give you consistent winning seasons a la Wisconsin or MSU. The ability to sprinkle stars around them (unless you are UK or UNC) takes you to the elite level and able to win championships.

You're always gonna have a miss or 2 here and there. It's not an exact science. The only time I can remember when we've had a rash of them was at the end of Skip's reign when Gurley, Skeen and Swinton all not pan out.

It still doesn't mean you don't go out and try to get the best players you can get.

Back