• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coffee and Its Variations

I think all that "man card" stuff is pretty lame, but I do judge guys who don't drink their coffee black.

Coffee is for the unwashed masses. Drink espresso (but drink that black too, black as plantation owner's slave mistress that was also Boogity's great grandma).

White people love themselves some mother fuckin coffee... good grief

I'm all for busting on fellow whiteys, but coffee is enjoyed pretty much all over the globe.

Yah but I feel like people lined up for 10-15 mins to get a $5 Starbucks is a pretty white American thing.

Yah but I feel like people lined up for 10-15 mins to get a $5 Starbucks is a pretty white American thing.

That's why you've gotta homebrew. Very inexpensive, no line, and no contributions to that corporate bastard that kills local coffee shops on a daily basis. Fuck Starbucks. I usually make my coffee, but when I do occasionally buy it, I make damn sure not to go to Starbucks.

I'm all for busting on fellow whiteys, but coffee is enjoyed pretty much all over the globe.

I feel like people lined up to get overpriced anything is a pretty white American thing. Coffee? No. Lining up for quality product? No.

Strange to me that putting milk or sugar in coffee is sooooo girly, but using a ridiculous $100 machine that takes pre-packaged cups so you don't have to touch the grounds yourself, or ever risk having anything less than the freshest beans, or wait more than 30 seconds for a cup--not to mention people who DRIVE SOMEWHERE SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE CAN MAKE IT FOR THEM--all that's fine, you're still a man.

I buy Maxwell House French Roast, scoop it out like a regular person, and put stevia in it because sugar is bad for you. I also drink it through my vagina, apparently.

Strange to me that putting milk or sugar in coffee is sooooo girly, but using a ridiculous $100 machine that takes pre-packaged cups so you don't have to touch the grounds yourself, or ever risk having anything less than the freshest beans, or wait more than 30 seconds for a cup--not to mention people who DRIVE SOMEWHERE SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE CAN MAKE IT FOR THEM--all that's fine, you're still a man.

I buy Maxwell House French Roast, scoop it out like a regular person, and put stevia in it because sugar is bad for you. I also drink it through my vagina, apparently.

A Keurig is the very definition of manly - after all men are notorious for having to have the latest & greatest gadget. ;)

I prefer my coffee black and that's what I make every morning at home. However, I also enjoy some coffee-esque drinks from starbucks. I used to be a fan of the carmel macchiato (sp) but over the last few years prefer the dirty chai latte.

For the coffee drinkers - I recommend you check out coffeeam.com. Can be a bit pricy but most of it is only a buck or two more then what I currently pay at the grocery store. If you don't mind the money, try some Blue Mountain Estates coffee (Jamaican). It is the best stuff I have ever had but runs $30-$50 a pound.

I thought this would be a thread about coffee, not chest hairs and viginas. Anyway, I am partial to espresso, and for that purpose, I have one of these

Pasquini20and20Mezzer.jpg
[/IMG]

It is a great light duty commercial machine manufactured in Italy by Pasquini. It makes some fantastic coffee.

For guests who do not care for espresso based drinks, I have one of these

Keurig-B60-Best-Price-Deals-Sale.jpg
[/IMG]

I love it's convenience, and my guests love the fact that they always get a fresh cup of great coffee.

If anyone is interested in knowing more about espresso makers, and gadgets that go along with them there is a great website, coffeegeek.com , or hit me up with a PM, and I will try and help.

Happy cupping.

Now back to man talk, arghh!!

black is the only acceptable answer

This.

Anyone ever hear of coffee black referred to as John Wayne? The old salty dog at Mickey Dees greets me over the intercom with "Hey Diego, one large John Wayne coming right up."

I've never heard that before, but I like it.

I have it on good information that ITC orders mochas at Starbucks regularly. So, yeah.

I drink my coffee black. If I want to mix it up, I buy a different roast. The only thing I've ever intentionally poured into a cup of coffee is a shot of whiskey.

I don't judge how others take their coffee, but anything other than black just seems weird to me. Oh yeah, and Starbucks sucks, but those Via packets are awesome for backpacking.

At work, I use a tad of cream and a splenda to offset the cheap coffee in a Styrofoam cup. But I also enjoy black coffee when the coffee is decent and it is in a mug or glass.

Lattes are good and i don't give a shit what anybody says about it.

But when I just get a regular cup of coffee, it's always just black.

Back