• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Football Coaching Carousel: Only Penn State Still Open

Caldwell should be available soon.

greggdoyelcbs Gregg Doyel
What I think Penn State should do: Go for Wake Forest's Jim Grobe. Good coach, better man.

I posted this in the Grobe to PSU rumor thread, but figure it fits here too:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...state-vacancy/

David Jones of the Patriot-News writes that “Petersen has made it known he is not interested in Penn State’s vacant head coaching position.” Jones describes Petersen rebuffing PSU’s overtures as “no shocker there.”

Of course, and until PSU fills a position that’s been vacant since the legendary Joe Paterno was fired in the middle of last month, Petersen’s name will likely be connected to the job, regardless of how many times he publicly or privately dismisses the notion.

Tennessee Titans’ head coach and former PSU player Mike Munchak — he’s already denied any interest in the job — Green Bay Packers quarterbacks coach Tom Clements and a pair of current coaches at the collegiate level — Wake Forest’s Jim Grobe and Duke’s David Cutcliffe – have all been mentioned as potential successors to Paterno. PSU’s interim head coach Tom Bradley and quarterbacks coach Jay Paterno have already “interviewed” for the job, although those were widely considered a mere courtesy to the long-time Nittany Lions assistants and neither has a realistic shot at taking over.

Them interviewing Jay Paterno is so freaking ridiculous, that had to do a triple-take to make sure I read it correctly.

Them interviewing Jay Paterno is so freaking ridiculous, that had to do a triple-take to make sure I read it correctly.
joepaterno.jpg

Well we don't have to worry about Grobe going to Penn State now.

Terry Bowden to Akron. He hires Chuck Amato and now the University has hired Jim Tressel to help with 'fundraising'? WTF is going on in Akron?

"I cannot have day-to-day involvement with the football team and anything from that standpoint," Tressel said. "But in this day and age, there's so many coaches now they don't need another coach."

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/college/index.ssf/2012/02/post_30.html

Back