• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Football Realignment Mafia- D14 loses. Sincere apologies to all players

I'm pretty upset I did that. I was frustrated by JTP getting a super important role and no showing, and I didn't proofread what I copied from my word doc closely enough. I can't say it enough, but sorry everyone. I'll mod a makeup game ASAP.

It does make me feel 1% better that the mafia was absolutely screwed. They lost JTP and were about to kill their recruitable civ.

Here's what the format was:

1. Diggle- Mafia GF
2. Tejas- Vanilla Civ (Hidden to Tejas, but recruitable to mafia)
3. Mako-Watcher
4. Gooner-Vanilla
5. Da-Vanilla
6. Gouda-Doctor
7. Blue-Vanilla
8. Creamy-Mason
9. Townie-Cop
10. Knight-Mason
11. Juice-Mafia Goon
12. Toogs-Vanilla
13. JTP-Mafia Goon
14. Cata-Vanilla
15. Ryala-Vanilla

Here was the JTP/Juice Role:

You are Kevin Warren, one of the architects of a new era of mega-conference college football. You masterfully betrayed “The Alliance” with the other P5 conferences in order to join the SEC in poaching high-profile teams, and now you are ready to eliminate the remainder of those standing in the way of B10 football greatness. You will collaborate with your mafia teammates (Diggler and Juice) in order to eliminate non-mafia players.

As 1 of 2 Mafia Money Goons, your role is to choose how to spend the money at your disposal to best benefit your mafia. You have $62.5 million, and your counterpart possesses another $62.5 million. If you die, half of your unspent millions are left with the living mafia, and the other half will exit the game with you. You may combine your money with your counterpart in whatever manner you wish to spend it during night phases of the game. The things you may purchase are as follows:
  • Additional night kill ($75 million/One use only)
  • Unstoppable night kill ($65 million/One use only)
  • Role cop investigation ($50 million/Multi-use/One mafia use per night)
  • Roleblock ($25 million/Multi-use/One mafia use per night)
  • Search for Notre Dame ($1 million/Multi-use/Unlimited mafia uses per night)
  • Make an offer to Notre Dame ($X million)
To further explain the Notre Dame situation, they are the team you desperately want to complete your conference. Each night, you may search for them, and will receive a yes/no answer as to whether you have found them. Once you have identified Notre Dame, you may send them a monetary offer to join your mafia. They have a price in mind, but you’re pretty sure you can meet it.

Aww man I did that once, I feel for you bro. Is it feasible to run it open with some tweaks? May need a slight power balance adjustment depending on the roles.

Anyways, I'll start a new thread once y'all decide if you'd like a normal C9 game or to try this in an open format and see what happens

wouldnt they just spend 12 million to find ND n1?

wouldnt they just spend 12 million to find ND n1?
It's poorly worded, but the search counts as an action for each goon. So only max of 2 searches per night. I wrote unlimited when I meant to say multiple are allowed.

i had missed unlimited searches so NO that wasn't our instructions

I have no idea if it was even balanced in a closed, much less open, format, but will happily roll it that way if people want to.

If I don't have explicit confirmation that is what people want by 1, I will run a C9 game instead.

Apologies again to all.

The player list I will run the next game with is:

1. Diggler
2. Tejas
3. Mako
4. Gooner
5. Da
6. Gouda
7. Blue
8. Creamy
9. Townie
10. Knight
11. Juice
12. Toogs
13. Cata
14. Ryala

Ok, it looks like C9++ is preferred, which is fine with me. We have 14 instead of 13 at the moment, but I will roll with that and just have an extra vanilla civ I guess. Give me 15 minutes to roll it and start up the chatzy and I will start a new game, with a 4:30 deadline today.

don't beat yourself up d14, modding is hard, and it looks like you wrote a fun game. i say we just play a vanilla game now and re-roll with tweaks another time.

Back