• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Sports Mafia Game - Mafia 2 Wins?

However, once this occurred to me, I couldn't shake it. I was convinced RW, in revenge for Kansas shipping Manning to WF, wrote the game so that whoever drew Kansas had to say nice things about manning (the player). Once this thought came to me I was laughing my ass off and trying to figure out how no one else saw this (I was certain bym was going to). When I could take it no more, I messaged RW to find out I was way off and that he had no clue why you were doing that.

I didn’t even draw a line between the actions and the players name. I think I made a comment about him being Notre Dame not remembering that Gouda (IIRC) was outed on N2 as Notre Dame.

I need eagles to come tell me about my wrongess about the day 1 votes for a not playing person.

I was mafia and had no clue parlay wasn’t playing until it was pointed out. It isn’t a civ or mafia trait to me to know d1 the player list so I don’t understand clearing someone for that.

Nothing to do with you. Just happened that a perfect storm fell on your watch. Gooner being away, me screwing up the sign up and da getting killed early obviously threw off the balance of the game. :p :plos:
Seriously, if you rerun this, there is a chance it comes out a great game. Maybe it was the Tuesday start that threw everyone. At least you ended the run of Civ wins in big games.

I am here to fix shit, you guys couldn't make it two fucking weeks without me. Disgraceful.

idk as mafia mvp the last two weeks i think they've been great without gooner day 1 going "townie is maf, next"

I was mafia and had no clue parlay wasn’t playing until it was pointed out. It isn’t a civ or mafia trait to me to know d1 the player list so I don’t understand clearing someone for that.

I was only slightly kidding. But I do think mafia is definitely more likely to look at the player list. Like maybe 2-3 times more likely.

There was also a post on page 1 where someone explicitly said "parlay is not playing".

So, just to get a temperature on the room, what did people think of the rule variations this game?

1. All die in OT
2. 5 min twilight
3. mafia get to pick roles during Day 1.

To explain the third rule, each mafia had an off day roleblock (sorry, JTP), an off day vig hit, and two goons. I let players in chatzy sort out the roles with a deadline of 1 hour before N1. I also had a preset listing if they did not come to an agreement. Mafia 1 changed roles around, while Mafia 2 went with the preset.

I thought 1 was an interesting dynamic. Would have been a much better weapon early in the game for civs but you'd need a cleared civ to orchestrate and possibly want a known maf (cop reveal) in the lynch
5 or 10 is fine. I did enjoy seeing the use of twilight to back off a maj.
Different is good. Interesting to try.

BCS will be a limited claim game as well.

Mafia 1 - Ohio State (SD3), Michigan(Eagles), Iowa(Deacsfan27), Indiana(GM).
Mafia 2 - Kansas St (Townie), Texas (DV7), Oklahoma (Mako), WVU (Manning)

BYM was GT, Ryala was Miami

How the hell did ryala survive? No way I wouldn't have given him the eaglez treatment ("how is he still in the game?"). A few folks pushed that but it never took hold. Until the last round, I had doofus as a civ (why can't I read that guy?). I would have pushed townie and if he came back bad, I would have pushed jhawk next. From there I think I had doofus as my biggest civ lean after bym and mako I leaned dirty but not as strong as ryala.

Obviously I knew alignments, but I thought ryala sounded extremely civ the entire game, I was surprised so many people thought he was mafia

How the hell did ryala survive? No way I wouldn't have given him the eaglez treatment ("how is he still in the game?"). A few folks pushed that but it never took hold. Until the last round, I had doofus as a civ (why can't I read that guy?). I would have pushed townie and if he came back bad, I would have pushed jhawk next. From there I think I had doofus as my biggest civ lean after bym and mako I leaned dirty but not as strong as ryala.

I figured I could get him out whenever I wanted, but hoped he could help find other mafias. He didn't really do that, he was civ, and he claimed mafia.

So, lesson learned.

Obviously I knew alignments, but I thought ryala sounded extremely civ the entire game, I was surprised so many people thought he was mafia

I knew nothing and was nailing mafia left and right. Better be glad I wasnt around mafia!

The best part of the game was mafias RB'ing JTP on back-to-back nights, followed by an M2 straight up assassination of him.

Let's not pretend like either mafia had any read on me, redwing already spilled the beans that both just thought it was funny.

congrats on the luckbox.

Agreed. Mafia teams should make as many kills as possible as quickly as possibly.

The longer the game drags on, the worse it gets for mafia.

Absolutely. Can't tell you the number of times that we were sitting in chat with a full team or maybe 1 man down and looked like we had it won only to have everything crumble.

I think the lack of claims makes a huge difference. I think it was a good mechanic.

Sorry... I was told to auto sign you up, and I did send you a message on the Terps board as well. Speaking of which, apparently I signed up over there in 2004. That means I've been playing mafia off and on for over 16 years. Fuck me.

And I was playing several year before you got there, so....yeah.

Let's not pretend like either mafia had any read on me, redwing already spilled the beans that both just thought it was funny.

congrats on the luckbox.

ah man we lucked into two separate mafias roleblocking, roleblocking, killing

Back