• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Collins: Deacons returning to option

"Then the past couple of years we’ve just been too cautious."

Making a mistake like this for one year might be understandable, but for a couple of years is mind boggling. What in the world are they doing between seasons -- just playing golf?

Last year we converted on 32% of our 3rd downs. We had 5.64 yds per pass attempt. At least they're trying something different, but it all comes down to the OL.

In 2011, it was 35.5%, 103rd in the nation. We've just got problems with the coaching not the system.

It is past time to start the Fire Lobo.com website. Lobo got to gogo com. All this article does is shows how bad the coaching is for football too. Good grief, Wake sucks.

If we can find another receiver of two to catch the ball, we will have the players at the skill positions on offense to be competitive (HISTORICAL AND OTHERWISE). We need an offensive line. If not, we are sunk.

Also, I can't wait until we abandon this offense after 3 games

Yep. They're talking about how great or depth is now but when Tanner gets knocked out and the inexperienced QB can't finish, we'll just hear a lack of depth excuse.

As many talented backup QBs we've had in the Grobe era transfer away and have success at their new school you'd think we wouldn't treat our starting QB with such kid gloves. That's one position we've actually had some depth.

Seriously I like this move. We've got to go back to the way we got things done in the past.

I think what artlee was trying to say is how dumb is Lobo to need all 12 games on film from last season to realize we didn't have the same offensive talent level as 2011? It was obvious by halftime of the first game last year. Sounds like he just wanted to rinse and repeat last year instead of actually working and earning his pay.

Following the scrimmage tweets. Sounds like the first team O can't get anything going. The more things change...

I think what artlee was trying to say is how dumb is Lobo to need all 12 games on film from last season to realize we didn't have the same offensive talent level as 2011? It was obvious by halftime of the first game last year. Sounds like he just wanted to rinse and repeat last year instead of actually working and earning his pay.

Artlee and the OP both.

Following the scrimmage tweets. Sounds like the first team O can't get anything going. The more things change...

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Is it just me or is Tanner not really that mobile? I know he ran this kind of offense in HS but I don't really see him being able to do it in the ACC.

Seriously I like this move. We've got to go back to the way we got things done in the past.

You mean when we were tied with Liberty 7-7?

What does this guy do during the Spring practice, Summer, and Fall practice to fail so miserably year or year and to fail in such obvious ways?

Go, go back to what on offense? Nothing has "worked" on offense. We've won despite poor offensive production. The only things our offense has done well is not completely blow it for our defense with turnovers and that hasn't been consistent.

Kevin Sousa could be a huge star using the option, if his passing game is improved. He is big and apparently he is quick.

Kevin Sousa could be a huge star using the option, if his passing game is improved. He is big and apparently he is quick.

the dude can run a 4.6 40 and is a massive individual.. id love to see someone try and tackle him on a option.. itll be like cam newton was in college... hopefully

Back