• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Colorado Shooting Goes Political

Wow. I would've figured something that head-up-ass stupid would've been uttered by a Rep from Georgia, Florida, or Arizona first.

Gomert spoke along with Bachmann about Clinton's aide being a plant for the Muslim Brotherhood.

I blame karaoke. A bouncer from a local bar said Homes used to go there on karaoke night.

"It does make me wonder, with all those people in the theater, was there nobody that was carrying a gun that could have stopped this guy more quickly?" he asked.

Honestly, I don't want to live in a place where I need to be strapped with a gun to feel safe enough to go to the movies.

Wait a cotton pickin' minute. The guy subbing for Rush just told me that only the left tries to politicize this stuff.

Wow. I would've figured something that head-up-ass stupid would've been uttered by a Rep from Georgia, Florida, or Arizona first.

Ever been to Tejas? I was in favor of letting Rick Perry secede. Except that we would keep the oil refineries.

Ever been to Tejas? I was in favor of letting Rick Perry secede. Except that we would keep the oil refineries.

Historically, maybe. But Georgia politicians can outdumb just about anyone these days.

"It does make me wonder, with all those people in the theater, was there nobody that was carrying a gun that could have stopped this guy more quickly?" he asked.

A dark movie theater filled with smoke and panicked people fleeing is the ideal spot for an armed vigilante to start firing away...

Reactions: ONW
What if five people had concealed weapons and started firing? Wouldn't innocent people around the shoot be hit?

Be realistic in the haze of battle and in the haze of pepper spray to think others wouldn't be hit is ludicrous. Plus once multiple people start shooting, how does anyone know who the good guys are?

[video]http://blutube.policeone.com/police-humor-videos/931140168001-final-shootout-from-hot-fuzz/[/video]

People watch way too much TV. I'm all for gun rights, but fuck that - I don't think more shooters would have reduced the number of casualties, would possibly have increased them, and definitely confused matters and raised the panic and danger levels.

Original gunman shoots

"good guy" gunman starts shooting at original gunman

a second good guy gunman now has two shooters discharging their firearm and shoots both mistakenly thinking it is a domestic act between the two

third good guy jumps in and doesn't know who is good or bad or what.

etc.

I really think there is no solution to this kind of random violence. Shit happens sometimes that you cannot solve. Crazy people be trippin'

People watch way too much TV. I'm all for gun rights, but fuck that - I don't think more shooters would have reduced the number of casualties, would possibly have increased them, and definitely confused matters and raised the panic and danger levels.

Original gunman shoots

"good guy" gunman starts shooting at original gunman

a second good guy gunman now has two shooters discharging their firearm and shoots both

etc.

I really think there is no solution to this kind of random violence. Shit happens sometimes that you cannot solve. Crazy people be trippin'

I agree with this post completely. When I made my "not necessarily" comment, I was merely pointing out that what RJ said may or may not have been true (though he presented it as a fact).

Had I been in this situation and I had a gun (which I would not have in NC under our laws) I would have kept it holstered and ran. On the shooting forum I read/post on, most people have said the same thing.

Generally it is the people who don't carry a gun that believe those of us who do sit around wishing to play hero...

Back