• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Concessions

tsywake

Sheikh of Smoke
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone else have trouble with concessions last night? The alcohol section is documented as a work in progress. We had issues at the stand behind sections 8/9. Thats the stand that usually has Bojangles, but they had no chicken, no fries, and the CC machines were down. Lots of unhappy, wet folks at halftime.

Anyone else have trouble with concessions last night? The alcohol section is documented as a work in progress. We had issues at the stand behind sections 8/9. Thats the stand that usually has Bojangles, but they had no chicken, no fries, and the CC machines were down. Lots of unhappy, wet folks at halftime.

Maybe they were trying to drive business to the beer tent.

Had a very positive experience under section 16 last night.

CC machine outside of Section 4 was out too. I didn't smell my cup.

I got very mad....$5 drink and only had Diet Pepsi, next stand had only water, 3rd stand couldn't take debit cards and out of chicken.....what a joke....

It's not like they've had a year to plan for serving food or anything. Good grief, people! Expecting Bojangles to serve chicken? I mean, come on. Be realistic.

I am still furious at Casstevens for the Nebraska water bottle disaster. How he is still personally in charge of concessions at Football games is beyond me.

Hiring Casstevens, who in turn hired Ovations, is all part of the Wellman legacy. Keep up the good work Ron.

But I'll bet that there was chicken, fries, Pepsi, beer, etc...on the 6th floor of the Tower.

I stood on a pretty long line before the game to get a bottle of water and a Deacon Dog. Regretfully, I didn't have enough cash with me. No problem - the sign says - All Major Credit Cards Accepted. When I attempted to provide my credit card, I was told, "Sorry - we aren't prepared to take credit cards. We haven't been trained on the new system. Do you have cash?" I don't like to complain about stuff like this - but if the vendors aren't trained for the first home football game - when do they get trained? It was good to see D. Manning and R. Childress mingling with the crowd. Got me thinking about Jeff Battle and Rusty Larue. Anyone know where they are and what they are doing?

What do you people expect when there is a standing room only crowd? Never could have been prepared for that any people.

I got a pretzel and a few cokes. The pretzel was lukewarm and stale, while the concession staff filled up the drink cusp about 3/4 of the way full and acted annoyed when I asked that they fill up each cup. The staff was not able to handle a credit card for me either and gave me back wrong change before I corrected them. It is not too much to expect that a major food service company can have their stuff together for the first of six big events at the venue.

I'm glad that Wellman and the Athletic Department made the switch to Ovations, they've done such a great job thus far compared to the previous people. Probably saves Wake a few bucks so that's all they care about.

I stood on a pretty long line before the game to get a bottle of water and a Deacon Dog. Regretfully, I didn't have enough cash with me. No problem - the sign says - All Major Credit Cards Accepted. When I attempted to provide my credit card, I was told, "Sorry - we aren't prepared to take credit cards. We haven't been trained on the new system. Do you have cash?" I don't like to complain about stuff like this - but if the vendors aren't trained for the first home football game - when do they get trained? It was good to see D. Manning and R. Childress mingling with the crowd. Got me thinking about Jeff Battle and Rusty Larue. Anyone know where they are and what they are doing?

I saw Rusty at church a couple of weeks ago, so I assume that he's still in WS, but I don't know what he's doing now.

Credit cards aren't required in Wellman's suite. That's all that matters.

Last edited:
6Ww3YFz.jpg

But I'll bet that there was chicken, fries, Pepsi, beer, etc...on the 6th floor of the Tower.

Actually our food in the tower still sucks. Nothing healthy to eat - all crap. Ordered a salad that was probably prepared on thursday. Just as well as it was just lettuce with 2 small tomatoes and 3 cucumber slices. Ovations sucks out loud.

Only pizza behind sections 8/9 until halftime. Sodas only at the barbeque place all night. Hamburgers and hot dogs and cash only at halftime and after. Brought guests who passed up dinner to eat at the stadium. Won't do that again. Embarrassing to the point of being a joke.

Back