• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Concessions

We put man on the moon 45 years ago. We now send open-heart patients home within 4-5 days, have made serious strides against certain cancers, invented supercomputers and explored deep into space.

Is finding someone competent to manage the grilling of hamburgers and deep frying some potatoes really that difficult? How about not running a beer garden under a $10 tent from Dick's Sporting Goods?

:rulz: smh

We just seem to struggle with the most basic of tasks.

Wife and I ordered burgers last home game, my wife (who is a teacher) takes one bite and says "yuck, this tastes like a school hamburger." Enough said.

All I had was a pepsi and popcorn. Not encouraged at all by what I am hearing about the concessions.

All I had was a pepsi and popcorn. Not encouraged at all by what I am hearing about the concessions.

Stick to the Bojangles stuff and the Papa John's mini pizzas. Basically stay away from any of the Ovations food.

Thanks for the responses. I'll judge for myself at the Syracuse game. If this continues, I'll be writing the AD and the Deacon Club and the ticket office to give notice of my intent to opt out of the remainder of my FSR and corresponding season ticket commitment at 2K per year. How ridiculous, over the inability to serve the same barbecue that has been served since the tower opened. Sheesh.

Thanks for the responses. I'll judge for myself at the Syracuse game. If this continues, I'll be writing the AD and the Deacon Club and the ticket office to give notice of my intent to opt out of the remainder of my FSR and corresponding season ticket commitment at 2K per year. How ridiculous, over the inability to serve the same barbecue that has been served since the tower opened. Sheesh.

I mean, the football product on the field the past few years combined with the worst coach in the history of organized athletics in basketball didn't cause you to pull your commitment, but some BBQ will?

I mean, the football product on the field the past few years combined with the worst coach in the history of organized athletics in basketball didn't cause you to pull your commitment, but some BBQ will?

So in fact there is a straw that breaks the back. ;)

In other words, don't eat at the stadium.

Tail gate before the game, halftime and after the game. Our food and drink is always good. The stuff from Ovations both in the Tower and the regular concessions is less than good and very high priced. Meanwhile I went to the Louisville game on Saturday and everything there was outstanding as far as products for consumption. What else is there to say when you walk in and there is Woodford Reserve offered at the first place, Makers Mark, many type beers and many style pork sandwiches and pizza. They run a first class football game.

Great football venue now, but the bathrooms and the stuff under the stadium need sprucing up.

Great football venue now, but the bathrooms and the stuff under the stadium need sprucing up.

How many years now have we been taking a whiz while looking at the posters about the bathroom upgrades?

In an ideal world, they would be done years ago. However, there aren't unlimited funds, and a few years ago the decision was made to focus on capital projects in the short term that would benefit recruiting and the on field product first and foremost. Initially that was going to be the renovation of the game day locker room, but that facility is used much less by the team than our on campus training facility. Once the field house and sports performance centers are funded and built, I would expect some more attention paid to BB&T Field. We have very generous donors with a real passion for Wake Forest athletics, but it can't be understated that there are real limitations with our smaller donor base relative to most schools in the conference.

It is incredibly difficult to have a well-run concessions operation.

It shouldn't be that hard to at least have decent tasting food, especially when they are charging premium for it.

When pretty much every other venue I go to has managed to navigate the blocking and tackling here yet WFU doesn't have basic menu items ready game 1 half 1 and can't operate the credit card system, I am saying this is a copout.

Another example of all you pansy losers complaining about something the society you support creates. What do you expect in this greedy capitalist society, is it a surprise that Wake Forest in an attempt to make insane amounts of money would charge high prices for low quality food? It's the american way and you all just go on supporting it, you know bend over "can I have another." 60 years ago when I started going to Wake Forest football games there was no such thing as concessions anyway, you what concessions were, a can of pork and beans in your pocket. Oh and by the way, we sucked then, just like we suck now, and will always suck. Wake up and start kissing Jim Grobe's ass, because you'll never see us do what we did with him as coach again.

Another example of all you pansy losers complaining about something the society you support creates. What do you expect in this greedy capitalist society, is it a surprise that Wake Forest in an attempt to make insane amounts of money would charge high prices for low quality food? It's the american way and you all just go on supporting it, you know bend over "can I have another." 60 years ago when I started going to Wake Forest football games there was no such thing as concessions anyway, you what concessions were, a can of pork and beans in your pocket. Oh and by the way, we sucked then, just like we suck now, and will always suck. Wake up and start kissing Jim Grobe's ass, because you'll never see us do what we did with him as coach again.

You're 100% correct b/c I don't anticipate Wake pulling a Bill Snyder and rehiring him.

Back