• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

i mean once you announce there will be relegation, you'd have to have some reset -- system here is based on rankings (AP? CFP?) and not based on head-to-head games among all division participants like in soccer

you need smaller divisions because the system only makes sense if you play everyone in your division, like in soccer
This is where the adjustment would be. College football wants a conference championship and playoff. People wouldn't be content with just playing a regular season schedule and declaring a winner.

An 18 team premiere league means two 9 team divisions who play 8 regular season division games and the team with the best record can play in the premiere league championship game.

Would nd turn this down?:

Ok to stan, cal and let's also get navy if nd is all-in.

This gets nd 2 more teams that they play to be conference games. Plenty games left for them to schedule their big20 games as well.

WIN-WIN!

The dream scenario is that ND doesn’t turn that down, because it would pretty much solve everything and the ACC would leap ahead of the Big XII overnight.
ND could solve all this by just joining the league. But they won't.

(This meme also applies to FSU sucking at football instead of contending for championships)

We're all trying to find the guy who did this

ND’s current deal runs through 2024 and they are making a little over $20MM from NBC. Is there any chance that the ACC could exit the deal with ESPN and negotiate with an expanded league that includes ND, Stanford, CAL and Navy?

ND is going to make SEC/Big Ten money from NBC.

He got into law school. Not sure he attended much. But yeah, he has done pretty well with no law license. He’s one of those WF losers who have made so many bad decisions on WF athletics DR talks about. He and Bob Mcreary.
Oh lord what kind of drugs are you on now? How could anyone say anything bad about Bob McCreary? And please at least spell the man's name right.

McCreary and Sutton have been great supporters (to say the least) of our football team. How can you fault McCreary for not focusing on basketball? The guy played football at Wake. He is a saint.

My issue with our alums is that we do not support basketball. We have Mit Shah only and no one else stepping up. Ken Miller understandably has moved along. Because of that we need the masses to be in collectively for a proper home venue and ample NIL resources. That we have not done. And that is not Bob McCreary or Ben Sutton's fault. It is our own.

Last edited:
ND could solve all this by just joining the league. But they won't.

(This meme also applies to FSU sucking at football instead of contending for championships)

We're all trying to find the guy who did this're all trying to find the guy who did this

nd all-in most definitely solves the problem. The ACC needs to make this happen NOW!

Whatever it takes, this needs to be the priority for the ACC smart guys in the room.

nd all-in most definitely solves the problem. The ACC needs to make this happen NOW!

Whatever it takes, this needs to be the priority for the ACC smart guys in the room.
That’s why Stanford makes sense. Not sure it’s enough for ND, but one of the schools they love to play. Of course the schools that want to leave are blocking it.

If the left coast teams to the ACC is dead, get nd all-in with navy. 16 teams and we're good to go!

Let's get this done smart guy ACC lawyers!

I get not wanting Cal and Stanford in the conference. From a revenue standpoint I don’t see how that improves our situation and from a well-being standpoint I would be pretty pissed if I was a Miami non-revenue sport player sitting in the SF airport at 3am with classes in six hours. Pretty much what Drinkwitz said— these coast to coast away games are gonna tear apart some athletes and imo that needs to be the priority when considering whether or not Cal or Stanford is a reasonable add. I could get behind SMU, Tulane, Memphis, UConn, etc, but not Calford.

Back