• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

Could it not have been negotiated at the time for ND to yes keep their independent TV deal until expiration, but without the indy label and then all-in 8 game ACC football schedule vs. the 5 games?
IANAL, but I’ve been told anything can be negotiated.

Could it not have been negotiated at the time for ND to yes keep their independent TV deal until expiration, but without the indy label and then all-in 8 game ACC football schedule vs. the 5 games? We were in a position of power when ND needed games during 2020 COVID and blew it.

ND could have kept their current NBC TV contract, and the ACC would be in a much better position now.
ND has a really lucrative NBC contract on their own and really prides itself on being independent in football. I don't think one year when everything was in complete chaos shifted the balance of power like you think it did.

Could it not have been negotiated at the time for ND to yes keep their independent TV deal until expiration, but without the indy label and then all-in 8 game ACC football schedule vs. the 5 games? We were in a position of power when ND needed games during 2020 COVID and blew it.

ND could have kept their current NBC TV contract, and the ACC would be in a much better position now.
Yeah it could have been suggested, but ND would never agree to it. There's kind of a huge underestimation of how important football independence is to ND. The bandwagoners might not place much emphasis on it, but I know one fairly large ND booster and am friends with some alumni and they would have all scrapped playing any games in 2020 before joining any conference for football. It might not make sense to us, but it's a huge deal to them.

The only way ND ever joins any conference in football is if being in a conference is the only path to winning a championship.

Yeah it could have been suggested, but ND would never agree to it. There's kind of a huge underestimation of how important football independence is to ND. The bandwagoners might not place much emphasis on it, but I know one fairly large ND booster and am friends with some alumni and they would have all scrapped playing any games in 2020 before joining any conference for football. It might not make sense to us, but it's a huge deal to them.

The only way ND ever joins any conference in football is if being in a conference is the only path to winning a championship.

Well, with Sam as their QB savior this season, only 5 games in and there's no path to winning a championship.

Why is being independent in football so important to them?

Last edited:
Love Sam and obviously I’d gladly take him as our QB again this year. But this seems overstated. Heisman hunt? Maybe. undefeated? Maybe. he was still prone to some very bad spells of football and I can see one of those spells happening against Georgia Tech or Clemson.

Love Sam and obviously I’d gladly take him as our QB again this year. But this seems overstated. Heisman hunt? Maybe. undefeated? Maybe. he was still prone to some very bad spells of football and I can see one of those spells happening against Georgia Tech or Clemson.
Maybe, but I don't think this Wake team with Sam at the helm loses either of the games against GT or Clemson. However, it's been ordained by god that Wake cannot ever have too many nice things, hence the transfer. (well, that and a big bag of money)

Maybe, but I don't think this Wake team with Sam at the helm loses either of the games against GT or Clemson. However, it's been ordained by god that Wake cannot ever have too many nice things, hence the transfer. (well, that and a big bag of money)
Let’s just at least say 4-1. You can never assume WF would win at Clemson.

Here are the Bee One Gee 2024 opponents for the 4 former PAC 12 teams. If I were a fan of any of those teams I would not feel inspired to buy home game tickets or make road trips to the east.

IMG_0222.jpeg

IMG_0220.jpeg

Last edited:
did the ACC get rejected by Oregon St & Washington St? why in the fuck would they be considering Tulsa or UAB over them?
Leverage. So that Oregon State and Wash State will agree to come for an ever lesser share of the current contract.

What is reader mode?

Back