• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

If not everyone is going to play, can we drop it to 12 teams? 8 is too few, I think. 9 would be poetic, but silly.

16 teams. Two sets of four Wednesday games at parallel sites (ex. Greensboro Coliseum and UNC-G or A&T) on ESPN and ACCN.

16 teams. Two sets of four Wednesday games at parallel sites (ex. Greensboro Coliseum and UNC-G or A&T) on ESPN and ACCN.
Not going to happen. The latest expansion is just putting the final nail in the coffin of the ACC Tournament. The only hope of resurrection is if they would go back to an 8 team, 3 day tourney. Even then, it would still be a shadow of its former self. I don't see teachers in NC bringing in a TV so the class can watch SMU vs. PITT. Hell, I wouldn't watch that.

Not going to happen. The latest expansion is just putting the final nail in the coffin of the ACC Tournament. The only hope of resurrection is if they would go back to an 8 team, 3 day tourney. Even then, it would still be a shadow of its former self. I don't see teachers in NC bringing in a TV so the class can watch SMU vs. PITT. Hell, I wouldn't watch that.
Man I do miss those days though. . . the school day just stopped on friday, and we watched basketball in almost every class!

Ah, NC in the late 80s/early 90s. . . . such a different place now

ACC tournament is pretty much dead; whereas it was once must-see national viewing for the semi's and finals, there's currently minimal interest in even the final game outside of the fans of the two teams in the thing.

I don't think you understand how classroom technology works in the 21st century.

I don't think you understand how classroom technology works in the 21st century.
I definitely do not

But I don't see teachers doing whatever is the 21st century equivalent of rolling in the TV cart to the classroom for the class to watch SMU-Pitt in the ACC Tourney

I definitely do not

But I don't see teachers doing whatever is the 21st century equivalent of rolling in the TV cart to the classroom for the class to watch SMU-Pitt in the ACC Tourney
Stream on the smart board or just ignore the kids watching on their phones.

I started school at the tail end of the TV rolly cart era, but for what it's worth my buddies and I in elementary school would always try and find radio broadcasts of the games with the cheap headphones the school gave us when we could. Eventually watched on our laptops/phones once we were old enough to figure out how to get around the school internet blockers. I vaguely remember my precalc teacher in high school school would put up some games on the projector.

Run it like the Frisco Disco, games played at the same site at the same time like an AAU Tourney:

636561045212905611-AP18067077657385.jpg

Realize this is because no SEC schools have wrestling (maybe Mizzou), but this is really what conferences should do. Realignment for football is inevitable, but in every other sport, it's just beyond dumb.

no they aren't

jesus the media literacy on some of you folks
Exactly. No lawyer has yet figured out how to break the Grant of Rights contract. Which of those schools has $100's of millions?

I wonder if the ACC could black out all home football and basketball games if these schools departed?

Back