• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

You mean like the state legislatures of Washington & Oregon making the Big Ten take Wash St & Ore St?
No, state legislatures can't make any conference take any specific school. My only point is that if/when the ACC implodes, and particularly if college football comes under the perview of another organization besides the NCAA (which may include private equity), there will likely be a landing spot for an undetermined number of schools outside the curent Big 10, SEC and Big 12 to compete at the highest level. And when that happens, look for the state legislatures to try and protect the big state-funded institutions thru the courts or antitrust-type legislation. And if that happens, privates not named Notre Dame will be at the bottom of the pecking order.

You mean like the state legislatures of Washington & Oregon making the Big Ten take Wash St & Ore St?
No man’s life, liberty, property or collegiate athletic conference is safe when the North Carolina legislature is in session.

Again? They were just there for like 5 years until 4-5 years ago. Apparently they forgot they didn't like going to the Upper Midwest for every away game.
They've been A-10 for most of their existence (but the A-10 doesn't have football). They left the MAC earlier b/c the MAC wanted them as full members and they didn't want to give up A-10 basketball.

So DR posted that he hopes that’s not duke’s last game in the Joel. Who’s leaving the ACC?

Or is it just gonna be a forfeit on their part

So DR posted that he hopes that’s not duke’s last game in the Joel. Who’s leaving the ACC?

Or is it just gonna be a forfeit on their part
Didn't you hear about the new on-campus arena he's been building for us?

U of Delaware joining Conference USA in two years. Some Delaware folks are not pleased with the idea of away games all over the country. They were wanting to keep them "mostly within driving distance. "

Can we get a basketball Big East life raft?

Also of note-- schools that were in favor of countersuing Florida State were us, Duke, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Syracuse, and Boston College.

Get it over with, make the exit payments via direct deposit, and let's get going on a manageable regional conference. Let the "big boys" enjoy whatever hell they create.

I mean the question remains where do FSU and Clemson think they're going? I don't see that the SEC wants them.

Their argument about grant of rights is a legal loser as is. The big thing is this just indicates Clemson's motives (which we already knew): that they want flexibility to leave the ACC. Again, where are they going?

I think you can safely assume Clemson knows where it is going (Big Ten I guess)? Otherwise, there would be no reason to file the suit.

Back