• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

Don’t forget that school presidents are making these decisions for the most part. They care more about academics than sports. If you think UNC/UVA presidents would rather be with Alabama and Ole Miss then you’re massively misinformed.

The dumbest thing to me is that this will basically be a minor league football situation. We’ve already had that in multiple forms and it always fails, even with those being more competitive than this college football experiment will be. Enjoy the USFL/XFL merger for this one season while it lasts.
Yeah, but they care more about money than academics.

Stealthy Commish Phillips working quietly behind the scenes to bring in ND all-in with football and to give a big middle finger to the sec and big20.

Inquiring minds want to know!
There is no way that this is happening. The ESPN CFP deal that was just signed included monetary deals for all of the big conferences (in varying amounts) and Notre Dame by itself. ND has zero motivation to become a full member of any conference at this point.

Radakovich made Tech folks big mad when he basically said they should be damn happy with 9-3 given their constraints

There is no way that this is happening. The ESPN CFP deal that was just signed included monetary deals for all of the big conferences (in varying amounts) and Notre Dame by itself. ND has zero motivation to become a full member of any conference at this point.
Second this. ND is staying independent in football as long as they have a reasonable path to the college football championship. Their supporters seem to be able to make sure money isn't a big factor in the equation.

Second this. ND is staying independent in football as long as they have a reasonable path to the college football championship. Their supporters seem to be able to make sure money isn't a big factor in the equation.
Unless the ACC reminds the old agreement was to join the ACC if ever joined a conference. Now, if that agreement is altered so the joining is no longer a possibility, kick ND out of all the other conference sports, Basket ball, baseball, etc. Or is the agreement still to have 5? ACC football games each year? worth it for ACC?

Last edited:
Wasn’t the agreement they had to join the ACC if they joined a conference before 2036 or some set date.

Starting to actually think there is collusion against ACC bball related to this too. The NCAAT payouts are large. It is a way that we had been cutting into the gap.
Didn't we tie or beat the sec in the challenge this year? But yet they have nine teams in the tourney and we have four.... And they've been doing an excellent job of shitting the bed too

Grand Canyon to the WCC to replace BYU seems like the most obvious realignment move out there right now. Have felt that way for 3-4 years. I wonder if the conference can get over the for-profit thing.

Grand Canyon to the WCC to replace BYU seems like the most obvious realignment move out there right now. Have felt that way for 3-4 years. I wonder if the conference can get over the for-profit thing.

GCU is shady as fuck.

GCU is shady as fuck.
Maybe so. But West Coast based Christian school. Great student following that reminds me of the Zags student section. Plowing money into their sports program. I’d bet they’d be no worse than 4th in aggregate in that conference (and probably 3rd) over the next decade if they joined.

Maybe so. But West Coast based Christian school. Great student following that reminds me of the Zags student section. Plowing money into their sports program. I’d bet they’d be no worse than 4th in aggregate in that conference (and probably 3rd) over the next decade if they joined.

Assuming they don’t continue to get sued and fined into oblivion for fraud.

Grand Canyon is weird as hell

Maybe weirder than Liberty

They technically have like 67k undergrads and a graduation rate under 50%

Back