• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

Excellent point. Yet another reason why it would be absolutely huge to get Gameday for the Clemson game.

Wonder if ESPN is even going to pay attention to “lesser” teams like us this year. They already went to Athens and Columbus (or away sites for those teams) like every other week last season.

Wonder if ESPN is even going to pay attention to “lesser” teams like us this year. They already went to Athens and Columbus (or away sites for those teams) like every other week last season.

ESPN has plenty of incentive to bend over backwards for the Big Ten and hype up the SEC. They have no reason to do anything for the ACC until 2036 if an ACC exists.

ESPN has plenty of incentive to bend over backwards for the Big Ten and hype up the SEC. They have no reason to do anything for the ACC until 2036 if an ACC exists.

Right that’s what I’m saying

No chance Game Day comes to Wake/Clemson. Only if that game were in late November with both teams undefeated and a division title on the line would they even consider it. We got our meaningless Game Day bone thrown to us in 2020 during Covid.

So it's on ACC teams to take care of business on the field. You can't ignore undefeated teams.
Truth. The greatest thing would be two ACC teams in the current play off system. Second would be Notre Dame and one.

No chance Game Day comes to Wake/Clemson. Only if that game were in late November with both teams undefeated and a division title on the line would they even consider it. We got our meaningless Game Day bone thrown to us in 2020 during Covid.

The Week 4 Saturday games kind of blow. Potential Game Day sites, just based on my wild ass speculation, and not including our game against Clemson:

Arkansas @ TAMU - Getting to feature Jimbo's NIL squad
Florida @ Tenn - TN might not blow, but SEC names
ND @ UNC - Obvious reasons
Wisconsin @ OSU - ABC game, but still B1G

Even with these being the other "interesting" games I could totally see them passing over us to do something like Yale @ Cornell or some shit.

The Week 4 Saturday games kind of blow. Potential Game Day sites, just based on my wild ass speculation, and not including our game against Clemson:

Arkansas @ TAMU - Getting to feature Jimbo's NIL squad
Florida @ Tenn - TN might not blow, but SEC names
ND @ UNC - Obvious reasons
Wisconsin @ OSU - ABC game, but still B1G

Even with these being the other "interesting" games I could totally see them passing over us to do something like Yale @ Cornell or some shit.

My guess would be the OSU game given that ESPN can't get it's proverbial head far enough up OSU's behind. That said, we absolutely SHOULD be in consideration if both WFU/Clemson are 3-0 but we all have seen that movie and know how it ends.

My guess would be the OSU game given that ESPN can't get it's proverbial head far enough up OSU's behind. That said, we absolutely SHOULD be in consideration if both WFU/Clemson are 3-0 but we all have seen that movie and know how it ends.

How much of that is related to Herbie hating Wake and being an OSU homer?

I know it's happened before, but it's unlikely Gameday will go to Columbus 2 out of 3 weeks. They'll be there week 1 for the ND game. There's also not a great relationship between Herbie and most Buckeye (and Wake!) fans these days.

I know it's happened before, but it's unlikely Gameday will go to Columbus 2 out of 3 weeks. They'll be there week 1 for the ND game. There's also not a great relationship between Herbie and most Buckeye (and Wake!) fans these days.

2 out of 4 weeks. Clemson/Wake game is in week 4. Agreed that they normally avoid repeat visits like that to the same site unless they have little choice.

Posted before but a couple reasons I think it will be Wisconsin-Ohio State:

*They've already announced that game is going to be on ABC even though they didn't have to disclose that yet.

*Imagine ESPN will be looking to cut down on Herbie's travel where possible given his TNF schedule. The Thursday night game that week is in Cleveland, so that would become a super easy travel week for a dude who already lives in Ohio.

When you throw in the fact that there will be a natural tendency to discount us, I think our best hope for Gameday is ND shocking the Buckeyes in Week 1

I don't care if we play Clemson in an empty stadium broadcast by the Deac Facebook Live streaming the game, I just want to beat those fucks.

How much of that is related to Herbie hating Wake and being an OSU homer?

It certainly doesn't help our chances. I really can't stand that clown and I'm usually a very agreeable person. The fact that he went out of his way last season to disparage WFU for whatever odd reason showed just what a horse's ass he really is.

*Imagine ESPN will be looking to cut down on Herbie's travel where possible given his TNF schedule. The Thursday night game that week is in Cleveland, so that would become a super easy travel week for a dude who already lives in Ohio….

Is this based on anything ESPN has said? They certainly haven’t cared about his schedule in the past. He’s done Gameday on Saturday morning on one side of the country and broadcast a game on the other side of the country on Saturday night.

It is me theorizing admittedly but it certainly makes a lot of sense in this one particular instance.

The game already being picked for ABC is certainly the main factor. Wisky-Ohio State and Texas-OU were the only Saturday games not in the first three weeks (where TV times are already set) that ESPN went ahead and said were going to be airing on ABC, so not too much of a leap to suggest that game is being lined up to receive a lot of hype

Maybe a dumb question, but when the Raycom/Bally deal ends in a few years do we have some rights to sell? I could see Apple ponying up for an ACC game of the week.

Back